Technical Development Lead
Technical Development Lead
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the development teams for front-end and back-end systems for platform creation within the R&D organization for Philips Aging & Caregiving (ACG). He/she will have an impact on our micro services-based IaaS, PaaS and SaaS transformation with hands-on realization of the business vision and strategy in building our future stakeholder-centric care orchestration and digital first services. She/he will additionally enable Philips Aging & Caregiving synergies within the Population Health Management BG (business group) which is part of Philips Connected Care and Health Informatics (CCHI). Philips Aging & Caregiving (ACG) is building a suite of clinical and consumer solutions that will improve the quality and tenure of independent living for seniors in partnership with their caregivers.
You are responsible for
- Design and develop with tool chains enabling a unified data model, orchestration and micro-services (middleware) for the range of current and aspirational services,
- Design and implement a common framework for regulatory and compliance,
- Design and implement service delivery environments,
- Design an extensible API library including UX/UI composites as innovation enablers for ecosystem developers at scale,
- Design and implement Philips-branded direct-to-consumer applications,
- Serve as a platform evangelist helping to develop an ecosystem of OEMs and stakeholders in the aging economy,
- Enable on-demand business performance analytics via the middleware environment,
- Collaborate with Philips Research and Data Scientists among others to integrate new services into the platform,
- Hands-on engagement in the development and execution of the platform assuring success in the new value propositions.
You are a part of
Aging & Caregiving targets B2C, B2B and B2G channels with a wide suite of services delivered from a common platform.
In this leadership role, you are a strong individual technical contributor who will participate cross-functionally in building an extensible platform that enables new synergies both within Philips businesses and external ecosystem.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years in a lead technical leader capacity.
- 10+ years of hands-on applications/platform development experience.
- Bachelors and/or Master's degree in a technical development discipline, preferably in computer science, information digital systems, or architecture disciplines.
- Previous experience in building a cloud-enabled platform solution deployed at scale to a developer and customer/stakeholder economy.
- Expert knowledge of cloud native development and deployment tool chains including Kubernetes, Prometheus, OpenTracing, ELK or similar; envoyproxy service mesh or Consul, etcd or similar for configuration & service management; vaultproject or similar for secrets management.
- Experience in developing highly distributed microservices including stream processing with akka.io, vertx.io or similar.
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location.
In return, we offer you
Describe in two to three lines what tangible and intangible benefits the incumbent will gain in this role. Use our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) themes and information gathered in the RSM as input sources.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jen D.Campaign Manager
Jen oversees the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns in an effort to support Philips’ agents in the field.
Back to top