Technical Consultant 2 - Patient Monitoring (Long Island, NY)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Philips Connected Care - Hospital Patient Monitoring (HPM) business as a Technical Consultant 2 - Patient Monitoring for customers throughout the Long Island, NY area (the ideal candidate will be located centrally for ease of travel to different customer sites). This position is responsible for customer relationship management through the effective application of technical knowledge to install/implement, service, test, and troubleshoot complex solutions on IT networks to ensure a high quality of service to deliver real time patient data requirements. In partnership with a dynamic customer care team of clinical, sales, and service partners, this position will support activities to grow the business in the given geography.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Serving as a consultant to provide technical recommendations that best suit the environment based on customer requirements; actively supporting the transition from a break fix operating model to a customer solution focused operation model.
- Driving continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on customer feedback; actively supporting to implement service strategies to achieve customer loyalty.
- Structuring problems and designing effective solutions to which the customer believes and advocates.
- Developing enduring relationships with customers at all levels to ensure project completion, customer success, and more business; earning the respect of the team.
- Communicating, verbally and in writing - face to face and from a distance, simply and persuasively to different customer audiences, ranging from individual contributors to organizational leadership.
- Leading and directing a diverse team of internal and external resources.
- Documenting solutions to ensure support teams and other consultants can participate in support and onward development.
- Actively participating as a member of the regional work team and working to improve team processes with clinical, sales, and service partners.
- Contributing to the collective learning of Philips, seeking to share knowledge globally; assessing and sharing repeatable processes that can be leverage across multiple projects.
- Serving as a key member of the implementation project and/or service team; fostering collaboration through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise.
- Coordinating project resources and tasks efficiently to create more leverage; enabling team members to focus more on customer deliverables.
- Operating under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements; adhering to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Managing company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performing all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders (FCO), preventative maintenance (PM), installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Executing activities as described in the Philips Excellence Process Framework.
- Representing Philips professionally in both customer and internal team situations.
- Improving operational performance and compliance, individually and across the Connected Care organization; supporting change initiatives to improve inefficiencies, productivity, and execution of business commitments.
- Installing, servicing, and testing IT networks, following stringent real-time patient data requirements.
- Installing complex, multi-phased systems comprised of IT infrastructure and patient monitoring equipment in both clinical and non-clinical environments.
- Independently diagnosing and resolving electronic, network, and mechanical problems; providing a technical review of system configurations to ensure viability of system performance during implementations.
- Building, deploying, and/or integrating solutions.
- Collaborating on fulfilling technical implementation deliverables, such as detailed design documentation, system build, configuration, and testing.
- Resolving technical issues and offering proactive technical support.
- Practicing configuration management and version control.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
The Philips Connected Care - Hospital Patient Monitoring (HPM) business. This division of Philips specializes in the installation and service of patient monitoring devices, networks, and telemetry systems to avoid and reduce complications and improve the care delivery process across the entire hospital. As hospital environments become more integrated, the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks, as well as consult with customers on high-end integrations.
You will benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a "One Team" culture, you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's in computer science, electronics, biomedical or other related disciplines and/or equivalent combination of education and 3+ years of professional working experience in the healthcare/IT technologies or electronics industry, preferably in a field service and/or hospital environment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and network troubleshooting experience is required.
- Microsoft patching experience highly preferred. Microsoft and other certifications are desirable - Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), VMWare.
- Experience with medical devices such as patient monitoring, telemetry units, ventilators, and defibrillators highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical devices, tools, and test equipment; must possess demonstrated skills in using oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming, and systems functionality.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunication systems required.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record that is compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from a home office location.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, biological agents, and loud noise.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment and wireless networks.
- Frequently using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and medical test equipment; regularly speaking, hearing, and viewing computers.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds, with assistance available.
- Frequently standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and extending reach. Occasionally twisting and crawling.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Long Island, NY (candidates should be centrally located around Babylon, Brentwood, Central Islip, Commack, East Meadow, Hempstead, Huntington, Lindenhurst, West Islip).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.