In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be an integral part of the Philips Wellcentive organization. Philips Wellcentive has been a leader in population health management for over 10 years by providing solutions for customers to drive quality improvement, revenue growth, and business transformation for organizations focused on population health management and value-based care initiatives. Our solutions have a tangible impact on our customers and their patients to provide care management programs to over 40M patients and deliver over $700M in value-based reimbursements in 2016.
You are responsible for
Staff members in this position possess strong analytical, problem solving, and technical communication skills. This role requires great attention to detail, the initiative to manage several concurrent projects, and the ability to learn new and evolving formats and interfacing standards. A passion for all things data related is a must to thrive in this role. The Technical Analyst works with the customer organization, third-party healthcare application vendors, and internal resources to establish connectivity, analyze data for format and content, and determine the appropriate interface configuration required to populate data to the Population Health Management application. This role also completes regular deliverable and ad-hoc tasks to support the Data Quality Service Line.
- Conduct calls with customer organization and third-party vendor ensuring all needed information is gathered and the interface solution is clearly understood by all parties. Participate in projects with existing or lower volume customers.
- Understand and review data files of various formats (delimited, HL7, CCD(A), X12 837) and provide meaningful feedback to third-party vendor and customer to drive resolution of identified issues.
- Write custom SQL to research and analyze data.
- Recognize standard (LOINC, SNOMED, ICD9, CPT, etc.) and non-standard, custom terminologies common in healthcare data sources.
- Articulate requirements and participate in testing with interface development team for any needed interface configuration enhancements and issue fixes.
- Document final interface configuration specifications for distribution to internal and external teams.
- Execute standard scripts and jobs to produce standard Data Quality reports.
- Complete ad-hoc technical tasks including but not limited to error reports, dictionary/mapping additions, file analysis, loading data, and executing database patches.
- Assist in task and hour tracking activities interfacing and Technical Services tasks.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- SQL experience in any RDBMS platform.
- Passion for problem solving and developing creative solutions.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in healthcare industry.
- Experience with HL7 2.x, CCD/CCDA, X12, and other standards.
- Familiarity with clinical terminologies (ICD, CPT, LOINC, SNOMED, HCPCS).
- Experience with clinical analytics, medical informatics, or quality measures.
- Scripting, programming or report writing.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology.
In return, we offer you
The chance to be part of creating the new future of healthcare. The Philips Wellcentive solution, together with the rest of the population health portfolio will enable unprecedented clinical programs to be implemented that affect the lives of millions of people.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top