Job TitleTechnical Analyst
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part Philips Wellcentive, a leader in population health that helps customers provide care management for more than 30 million patients and achieve more than $500 million annually in value-based revenue.
You are responsible for
As a Technical Analyst you should have a passion for all things data related. You will work with the customer organization, third-party healthcare application vendors, and internal resources to establish connectivity, analyze data for format and content, and determine the appropriate interface configuration required to populate data to the Population Health Management application. This role also completes regular deliverable and ad-hoc tasks to support the Data Quality Service Line.
- Conduct calls with customer organization and third-party vendor ensuring all needed information is gathered and the interface solution is clearly understood by all parties. Participate in projects with existing or lower volume customers.
- Understand and review data files of various formats (delimited, HL7, CCD(A), X12 837) and provide meaningful feedback to third-party vendor and customer to drive resolution of identified issues.
- Write custom SQL to research and analyze data.
- Recognize standard (LOINC, SNOMED, ICD9, CPT, etc.) and non-standard, custom terminologies common in healthcare data sources.
- Articulate requirements and participate in testing with interface development team for any needed interface configuration enhancements and issue fixes.
- Document final interface configuration specifications for distribution to internal and external teams.
- Execute standard scripts and jobs to produce standard Data Quality reports.
- Complete ad-hoc technical tasks including but not limited to error reports, dictionary/mapping additions, file analysis, loading data, and executing database patches.
- Assist in task and hour tracking activities interfacing and Technical Services tasks.
You are a part of
Built from the ground up to help customers improve clinical, financial and human outcomes, Wellcentive's population health management technology is cloud-based, scalable, and customized to meet the needs of providers, health organizations and payers. Wellcentive's technology, insight and services help care teams measure and report performance and implement actionable workflow to drive value-based reimbursement and the transition from volume to value. Wellcentive has gained recognition as a leader in population health management in reports recently released by IDC Health, KLAS and Chilmark. Wellcentive aggregates data from more than 3,000 interfaces, and its solutions improve outcomes for over 23 million lives.
You will report directly to The Technical Services Manager within Philips Wellcentive Business Innovation Unit (BIU). The Wellcentive team is part of Philips Population Health Management (PHM) division.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- SQL experience in any RDBMS platform.
- Passion for problem solving and developing creative solutions.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and technical communication skills.
- Must have great attention to detail, the initiative to manage several concurrent projects, and the ability to learn new and evolving formats and interfacing standards.
Qualifications (Not Required, Highly Desired)
- Experience in healthcare industry.
- Experience with HL7 2.x, CCD/CCDA, X12, and other standards.
- Familiarity with clinical terminologies (ICD, CPT, LOINC, SNOMED, HCPCS).
- Experience with clinical analytics, medical informatics, or quality measures.
- Scripting, programming or report writing.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top