Tech Training Developer/Instructor
Job TitleTech Training Developer/Instructor
You will conduct technical training for internal and external audiences (customers) for Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions in our campus in Cleveland, across North America and other international locations anywhere in the world. This person is also responsible to maintain training material and systems up to date and in optional conditions. Part of the responsibilities are also creation and maintenance of training content along with other administrative tasks. This person can also have additional not specifically listed in this summary related to training and service information.
This position requires proficient writing skills, eloquent classroom speaking ability and a strong commitment to provide quality technical training to classes of up to 15 Service Engineers. Although Patient Care (Patient Monitoring, Ventilation, Anesthesia or similar) service experience is preferred, a candidate with sufficient electronics, networking and informatics knowledge and refined presentation skills will be trained on the theory and operation of the related equipment as well as planned maintenance and corrective maintenance processes, tools and skills.
This position also requires a strong commitment to quickly learn the intricacies of Patient Care and a sincere work ethic to do whatever it takes to deliver superior technical training. In return, Philips Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity to work in a widely expanding medical field.
- Conducts PCMS Service Training Courses for a worldwide employee and customer audience
- Delivers local courses on location in the field or other campuses.
- Arranges systems, materials and classrooms to ensure that the courses can be delivered in the most optimum conditions (classrooms, systems and lab environment).
- Coaches the students in all learning environments in order to present the learning content in the most active and efficient way for the student to study.
- Assesses student skills using written tests and lab performance
- Ensures that the departmental and PMS safety regulations are followed in order to guarantee the safety of the students and others.
- Evaluates the courses and assessing the students in order to get feedback with which to improve course quality to the targets as set by the team manager.
- Adheres to the policy and processes for training delivery in order to enable a standardized course delivery.
- Installs, repairs and maintains PCCI Training systems
- Gains field experiences in order to get a realistic view of the products and student environment to more appropriately develop and deliver training.
- Keeps updated on concepts, technologies and proficiencies that are either part of the products themselves or the delivery of the training.
- Keeps in touch with, amongst others, the Service Innovation and Application groups, to be informed about new developments, to be able to maintain existing courses and to ensure that course content is up to date.
- Contributes in developing new meaningful ways of transferring knowledge and skills, e.g. by use of social media.
- Develops training materials in cooperation with Instructional designers (e.g. student lab assignments, e-learning, webinars, virtual classrooms, instructor lead training)
- Develops appropriate mix of formal and informal development activities; ensure the learning environment and resources support learner needs; designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises; preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics, informatics, computer science, biomedical engineering or similar, technical school or equivalent experience.
- Refined technical writing skills
- High level of refined presentation skills
- Previous Technical Didactical experience and/or training preferred.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word processing, Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software and graphics creation programs such as Visio.
- Network knowledge
- Availability to travel for up to 60% of the time either in the US or Worldwide.
- Working experience with different versions of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating stems.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top