Job TitleTeam Leader
As a Production Team Leader within the Soothers Value Stream your main responsibility is to coordinate and support your team to meet daily production targets, whilst initiating and driving improvement within your area of responsibility.
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday on a 3 shift rotation (6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm or 10pm – 6am).
- Responsibility for Safety, implementing and deploying risk assessments. Safety induction and training of all permanent and temporary staff within your team.
- Supervision of the Production Line team, managing issues raised by the team and ensuring production targets are met.
- Work role allocation of team taking into consideration delivery of the shift production plan.
- Ensuring all Team Members within your area are adhering to Standard work and Quality standards.
- Escalation of any Safety, Quality, Engineering, or material supply issue to the Value Stream support team.
- Maintaining and improving 6S standards through the area through continuous improvement.
- Initiate and drive improvements across our main key performance indicators (KPI’s) of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost.
You will report into the Production Supervisor, and look after a team of between 10 and 12 team members.
This position will be based from our Avent site in Glemsford, Suffolk.
We are looking for
- Demonstrable experience of managing safety and ensuring you can put ‘Safety First’.
- A Proven track record of managing a team in a Production Environment.
- Ability to make effective decisions based on information available as well as following standard working procedures and methods to ensure a high quality of product and safety of the team.
- Experience of working across departments and with different stakeholders (at all levels) to realise Health and Safety, Quality and Production targets.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
- Access to private healthcare insurance
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
- Subsidised Café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing
- Social Events – a dedicated Sports & Social committee with members in Guildford and Cambridge, promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to email@example.com
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top