Job TitleSystems Specialist
The role of IT Engineer will see you working in the patient care and monitoring solutions (PCMS) business line as part of a team responsible for the installation and support of patient monitoring equipment, taking a lead role in the installation of complex networked systems and solutions.
Working from home you will be expected to provide efficient and effective installation and service support for patient monitoring solutions, taking a lead role and responsibility for large networked solutions managing real time patient data in medium to high acuity clinical departments both locally and nationally as required by the business.
This role is based across the North of England, and would suit a candidate based in Leeds/Manchester/Sheffield area.
Your key areas of responsibility would be;
- Design, Installation, validation and complete implementation of complex patient monitoring systems and solutions.
- Fault finding and maintenance on patient monitoring hardware, software and networked solutions.
- Complete and submit all required reporting and documentation in a timely manner
- Flexible working to fulfil the requirements of the business
- Ensure customer satisfaction and complete tasks within assigned timeframes
- Support the sales teams in pre-sales activities and support colleagues and customers as required
- Ensure all work is carried out to a high standard and in line with our general business principles.
A team of 8 Healthcare IT Engineers support the UK and Ireland, reporting into the Service Delivery Manager for Patient Care Monitoring Systems.
We are looking for
- Either a biomedical engineer or IT engineer with exposure to healthcare/medical devices
- Knowledge of medical equipment, particularly patient monitoring and familiarity of working within a healthcare or quality regulated environment would be advantageous
- Experience and knowledge of networking, Wireless technologies, Integration, Virtualization and SQL server.
- A degree or HND in a relevant subject or two years formal education would be advantageous
- A recognised IT or networking qualification would also be advantageous e.g. CCNA, CCNP.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
- Access to private healthcare insurance
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top