- Cambridge, MA
Are you looking to take your next steps in the Healthcare Tech industry? Interested in Medical Devices and Systems Engineering? Interested in the "Big Picture"?
Within Philips Monitoring & Analytics, the Systems Engineering team is seeking another Systems Engineer.
Primarily software system-focused , you will join our team of Systems Engineers, performing a mix of hands-on engineering:
- Requirements Engineering
- Example: Working cross-functionally, decompose basic System "Needs" into Functional Requirements.
- System-level Analysis
- Examples: Understand and define performance considerations. Review requirements documents for system-level considerations. Track and facilitate systemwide design decisions.
- Large Scale Systems: Integration & Verification
- Example: Integrate a large scale test system, with physical and virtualized components, comprised of our software and hardware. Then, test your previously identified performance considerations.
- "INCOSE-style" methodologies and practices
- Learn, and then become a contributor to our continuous improvement!
You will support our cross-functional engineering efforts to design and deliver the industry's leading healthcare systems.
Your primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Generate strong, well-scoped requirements.
- Technically decompose System Needs into System Requirements.
- Follow Systems Engineering methodologies.
- Integrate systems out of our products.
- Large-scale, physical and virtualized, hardware and software systems.
- Evaluate the system.
- Determine test needs and generate test plans.
- Execute and/or facilitate the execution of those test plans.
- Validate against requirements.
- Bridge our products.
- Facilitate design decisions for system interfaces.
- Review product design documents and ensure there is cohesion across our system.
- Reach out cross-functionally. You are the link.
- Facilitate a 'system-level' view of our products and system.
- Work together with other engineers, clinicians, project management, product support, and our customers.
- Speak for the system. Take the initiative!
- As the Systems Engineer: represent system-level considerations.
- What happens after we deliver a product to a customer? Aside from usability, make sure that our design documents cover issues such as deployment, maintenance, upgrades, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
At least 4+ Years of Experience in:
- Design/Project/Development Engineering as a: Software Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or similar.
- Work across full product lifecycles.
- System Quality: Supportability, Performance, Compatibility, Reliability, etc.
- System-Level expertise within some domains. Examples include Embedded Systems, Networking, High Level Software, Operating Systems, etc. (This is not an "engineer on paper" position).
- Verification and/or Validation.
- Scripting languages (preferably PowerShell, C# or other Microsoft related languages).
- Some computer networking. (LAN, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Multicast, TCP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, etc.).
- Working together with stakeholders across different projects.
- Working in a regulated industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Alternatively: At least 10 years' experience as a design engineer.
- Master's Degree in Engineering is preferred but not required.
Preferred experience of any of the following:
- Systems Engineering methodologies such as INCOSE.
- System design tradeoffs.
- Requirements Engineering.
- Cloud Computing.
- Virtualization such as Hyper-V/ VMware/ Azure / Nutanix.
- Client Server / Multi-Tier Windows Servers.
- Windows OS (we are primarily a Microsoft shop).
- Experience developing test cases and test procedures.
- Medical devices.
- Understanding of IEC 62304, ISO 14971, IEC 60601, FDA and MDD design control requirements for medical devices.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
To be part of a team that it's ambition it is to improve the life of 3 billion people. We offer a job with a purpose - at the end every sensor, cable or system we build is connected to a patient. You join a fast moving and agile team with flat hierarchies and fast decision making.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top