Job TitleSystems Engineer
As a Systems Engineer at Philips Oral Healthcare, you are accountable for ensuring the product development team follows the V-model process to ensure products exceed consumer expectations and are reliable in the field. You are responsible for the correct translation of business and user requirements into system requirements. In addition, you team up with subject matter experts to set correct module requirements and you are responsible for the system verification strategy. By bringing fantastic oral healthcare products to market, you will help consumers achieve a lifetime of better overall health and ensure the continued growth of an already thriving business!
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Translating business and user requirements to system requirements.
2. Developing the verification strategy and reviewing verification results to confirm system requirements are met.
3. Developing and following up on the system design FMEA that feeds into the module design FMEAs.
4. Setting up the database that is used by the project team to document outputs of the V-model process.
5. Communication of V-model maturity during product development to management.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be joining the newly formed Systems Engineering team in the Innovation & Development department of Philips Oral Healthcare. The Systems Engineering team was started in 2015 to strengthen implementation of the V-model process and deliver first time right product launches.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be a part of the core team of a new product development project. Throughout the project, you will frequently interact with the Project Manager, Marketing Manager, and Product Researcher, as well as a variety of technical subject matter experts both locally and internationally.
At Philips Oral Healthcare, we offer you the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of people across the world by improving both their oral health and their systemic health by reducing their risk for heart disease. You will also get to work in a growing business with highly motivated colleagues from all over the world.
As a Systems Engineer at Philips Oral Healthcare you will develop a thorough understanding of the development processes in use at Philips. This, in combination with being part of a growing business within an international organization, brings many opportunities within and outside of the Innovation & Development department of Philips Oral Healthcare.
We are looking for strong candidates with the following skills, background and competencies:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Biomedical Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in a product development environment:
- Building requirement management focus using DOORS or a similar system [preferred]
- Ensuring product development compliant to Subpart C of the Quality System Regulation [preferred]
- 3 + experience in application of Design for Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Functional competencies:
- Fact Based
- Uses logic to solve problems
- Analyzes problems skillfully
Communication and presentation skills:
- documents data / decisions in a detailed and structured way
- tailors way to best present information to audience
- presents complex technical data in a concise way
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top