Job TitleSystems Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of Philips Wellcentive, a leader in population health that helps customers provide care management for more than 30 million patients and achieve more than $500 million annually in value-based revenue.
If you are looking to work with some of the latest technologies, like to be surrounded by talented, smart people, want to further your career and you have experience as a Linux Systems Engineer then this may be what you have been looking for. We are looking for just the right fit in for our team here at Philips Wellcentive.
You are responsible for
Works on IT problems of moderate scope where the analysis of data requires review of a variety of factors. These factors include the ability to determine the root cause of a given issue as well as the ability to recommend and implement solutions for the organization. The development of the IT solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of basic IT principles, theories and concepts.
Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems by combining previous experiences in IT based upon technical analysis and (feasibility) studies.
May lead IT projects and help to manage a small number of people. Ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience in IT.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Linux, Centos, Redhat, and/or any other Linux distributions.
- Must have the ability to build out server environments, physical and virtual from the ground up. May be asked to automate these processes or configure templates.
- Basic TCP/IP networking skills. Ideal candidate has configured Ethernet switches, firewalls,
- Strong knowledge and experience of various services i.e DNS, DHCP, NTP, Kerberos, SSHD, PXE, SFTP, HTTPD, LDAP, among others.
- Knowledge of various enterprise server hardware [blades, rackmount, standalone] networking, routers, switches. and storage technologies._
- Must be able to read, understand and write intermediate to complex scripts using one or more scripting technologies such as, KSH, Bash, Perl, Python etc.
- Good understanding and workings of one or more configuration management tools, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Some knowledge and understanding of Clustering, Virtualization, NAS, NFS and SAN
- Excellent communications and written skills. Candidates should be able to explain technical problems to non-technical audience.
- Available for on-call (1 week out of every 6-10 weeks), rotated weekly within the team, and become a point person for any production issues.
- Ability to work in a global distributed team.
Optional, additional experience, within software development, Java based technology, Apache, Tomcat, big data, database technologies, and cloud hosting environments such as AWS would also be desirable.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top