In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a Systems Engineer at Philips Oral Healthcare, you are accountable for ensuring the product development team follows the V-model process to ensure products exceed consumer expectations and are reliable in the field. You are responsible for the correct translation of business and user requirements into product requirements. In addition, you team up with subject matter experts to set correct element and part requirements and you are responsible for the product verification strategy. By bringing fantastic oral healthcare products to market, you will help consumers achieve a lifetime of better overall health and ensure the continued growth of an already thriving business!
You are responsible for
- Translating business and user requirements to product requirements.
- Developing the product verification strategy.
- Reviewing verification results to confirm product requirements are met.
- Identifying and mitigating areas of technical risk by following the product design FMEA process.
- Communication of V-model maturity during product development to management
You are a part of
As a Systems Engineer, you will be joining the Systems Engineering team in the Innovation & Development department of Philips Oral Healthcare. The Systems Engineering team was formed in 2015 to strengthen implementation of the V-model process and deliver first time right product launches.
You will be a part of the core team of a new product development project. Throughout the project, you will frequently interact with the Project Manager, Marketing Manager, and Product Researcher, as well as a variety of technical subject matter experts both locally and internationally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Biomedical Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in a product development environment:
- Requirement management focus using DOORS or a similar system [preferred]
- Ensuring product development compliant to Subpart C of the Quality System Regulation [preferred]
- 3+ years' experience in application of Design for Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Documents data / decisions in a detailed and structured way
- Tailors way to best present information to audience
- Presents complex technical data in a concise way
- Fact Based
- Uses logic to solve problems
- Analyzes problems skillfully
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top