- Gainesville, FL
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support customers using our hardware and software medical device solutions that empower healthcare organizations through the incorporation of state-of-the-art innovations in image processing, multidimensional visualization, and surgical navigation technologies.
You are responsible for
• Elicit, review, and characterize stakeholder feedback; create and review system-user interaction models using BPMN, UML, or SysML. Review & triage incoming product feedback for potential risks, severity, and ranking.
• Develop and document use cases, user stories, and usage scenarios to support the definition of user, system, and product requirements for each stage of the system lifecycle; Provide future design inputs for Serviceability.
• Validate reported product defects against product design specifications
• Investigate workarounds & communicate to Customer Service & Technical Support.
• Perform root-cause analysis for validated system defects
• Establish and maintain continuous integration and test engineering systems to support the development, verification, and validation of medical device products and components.
• Create change impact analyses to support system development, verification, and validation planning.
• Create verification reports, validation reports, and other documentation to support the product development and design transfer processes.
• Lead defect reviews prior to product updates.
• Maintain product release notes and communicate to product stakeholders
• Prepare FCO documentation and execute the Field Change Orders (FCOs) process as needed.
• Regularly review 3rd- party software components for security updates & patches, and formulate plans, processes, and procedures for updating installed-base.
You are a part of
Disease Management Solutions, a business within Philips Precision Diagnosis, a world leader in Health Technology. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers channels, or directly to clinical users.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Experience with US regulatory requirements for medical device development and production; 510(k) submission
• Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Products (Bamboo, BitBucket/Stash, JIRA, Confluence)
• Knowledge of SW engineering for distributed / client-server applications, web-applications, UI frameworks, medical informatics
• A strong understanding of networking topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SMTP, Advanced Windows Firewall)
• Experience using at least one configuration management or continuous integration tool (such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, etc.)
• Docker preferably (or another container management platform)
• BS Degree in a technical field or equivalent industry work experience
• Minimum of 2 years' experience working in Systems Engineering or a related field
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top