Systems Design Engineer - Signal Processing
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may c ontact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Design, implement and test ultrasound components, which integrate with the overall system. You will be working closely with acoustic, hardware and software engineers to architect advanced algorithm prototypes as performance-optimized real-time GPU and/or FPGA implementations.
You are responsible for
The Systems Design Engineer position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with the development of innovative technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of healthcare across the globe. As a part of the Ultrasound Business Group Platform Engineering team you will be challenged to create a new generation of intelligent algorithms for advanced ultrasound imaging.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, MS or PhD preferred
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing signal/image processing algorithms and/or numerical methods
- Fundamental knowledge of adaptive signal processing and machine learning
- Programming experience in Matlab
- Familiarity with parallel programming techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with medical devices and/or working in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with phased arrays and beamforming
- Familiarity with advanced image reconstruction techniques
- Experience with CUDA and/or OpenCL
- Experience with adaptive GPU-based signal processing algorithms
- Experience with profiling and optimizing GPU code for performance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.