System Test Automation Engineer
Job TitleSystem Test Automation Engineer
As a System Test Automation Engineer, you will be a key player involved in the buildup test automation framework in a regulated medical device industry.
- Define and establish automation strategy and process
- Design and create test automation framework and suites
- Evaluate and recommend tools or methods for automating tests for firmware/system testing
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts
- Mentor/train other junior members of the automation team
- Provide metrics around test automation coverage
- Create and maintain documents on all test automation development and user manual
- Create automation test plans and test strategies for multiple concurrent projects
- Implement and monitor structured system testing (manual and automated) strategies/methodologies
- Perform System Requirement, sub-system requirement and software requirements review to ensure that requirements are actionable, measurable and testable
- Work with developers to employ iterative development test strategies and tactics on assigned projects and ensure full execution of the strategy.
- Provide effort estimates. Identify common trends on planned estimated effort hours vs actual hours.
- Create, review and optimize test design, reusable test cases and test procedures to ensure complete functional and non-functional test coverage for multiple projects concurrently
- Build reusable test case framework to support positive, negative and boundary testing and avoid redundant test case development
- Work closely with automation architect to develop functional automation infrastructure and automation framework
- Provide training and guidance in an effort to minimize procedure errors and that may result into corrections and deviations.
- Create defects trends analysis to recognize the weaken areas of code
- Define and measure key progress indicators on requirement coverage, test case effectiveness, Test execution and defect identification and closure
- Interface with test engineers and developers. Provide timely communications on significant issues or risks
- Analyze available data and identify trends and track actual testing progress against the plan and ultimately provide visibility into release readiness and release quality
- Create Final verification reports
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Engineering field. Master’s degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Minimum Three (3) years formal system test experience via test automation
- Proven experience developing automated test systems and scripts beyond record and playback. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Proven experience developing automated test systems and scripts
- Proven understanding of white box and black box testing techniques
- Experience scripting using Python, VB, etc
- Experience in at least two of the following languages; C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, C++, C, Java
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional, regulated environment
- Knowledge of software quality engineering and testing methods at all levels (unit, integration, system, V&V, acceptance) applied within the software development lifecycle
- Applies advanced technical experience and has full knowledge of other related disciplines (Multi-discipline, multi-domain)
- Team player
- Previous work experience on medical device in FDA regulated industry is a plus
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top