System Reliability Expert
Job TitleSystem Reliability Expert
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You support the various US based Philips innovation sites as a senior quality and reliability consultant, responsible for the product quality management within product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, from design, manufacturing and/or market introduction and phase out and are mainly related to designing in, proving and improving quality and reliability aspects in new innovations and related production processes. You will play a crucial role in building up an Andover based Reliability Expert Service center. You will use your technical knowledge and problem solving capabilities to connect (with support of our business development managers) to the engineering teams at various Philips innovation centers, to offer and execute consultancy and engineering support activities.
- Be a competent reliability expert that has a good overview over the design variability and Reliability issues and challenges in the medical devices domain
- Apply and Facilitate Design for Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing and Testing (DfX) best practices in development projects.
- Work with project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to identify and manage Quality and Reliability requirements
- Build up a network for DFSS and Reliability expert services at the various Philips US innovation sites. Develop actionable quality management plans to release products and processes according to specified quality levels
- Use established Business Excellence methodologies such as DfSS, DMAIC, PDCA, Kaizen events, SPC, ...
- Provide data driven expert opinion on root cause analysis of failure modes
- Deploy best practices for quality, reliability and requirements engineering globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching.
- Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these
- Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
You are a part of
Philips innovation Services is a corporate group within the Philips Company, consisting of approximately 700 employees in the field of Consulting, engineering and other innovation services. You will also be part of a larger team of Product Quality & Reliability experts of Philips Innovation Services with a group located in The Netherlands This is a dynamic group of more than 25 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering having direct access to a brought range of product reliability test- and material analyze facilities and experts. You will report functionally to the manager of this team.
You will be in close contact with customer's R&D organization. So much that you often will feel as an associated team member there too. Our main customers are Philips Connected Care and Health Informatics, Philips Diagnosis and Treatment, Philips Personal Health, and Philips Research.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Master's degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a professional product design environment with respect to quality and reliability, preferably in medical devices industry.
- A proven track record in the application in applying DfR principles, generating Reliability plan, developing derating analysis, supporting DFMEA activities, performing ALT, Reliability demonstration testing and HALT, etc.
- Experience in executing DIDOVM or similar framework to the product creation process is highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and a proven track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields of design in quality and reliability, testing and problem solving techniques and quality tools in projects
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are
- You are a motivated self-propelling person, with determination to succeed and the ability to manage change
- You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions.
- Customer focused, having consultancy skills
- The ability to connect with business stakeholders, having good communication skills and you are a team player.
- You are willing to travel regularly within the US and up to a several weeks a year to Europe.
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top