System Engineering Director
Job TitleSystem Engineering Director
Are you a seasoned R&D Leader and would you like to be part of a dynamic team that is the market leader in its field?
Do you have a solid experience in cardiac/cardiovascular medical equipment/devices?
Then our opportunity within our Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business is the role for you!
You will drive the execution of all the system level activities within the IGT-Deices R&D organization.
The systems engineering director is responsible for New Product Development, enriching the R&D portfolio and pipeline, talent development, and driving innovation and enterprise value.
- Define strategy and shape pipeline priorities for R&D direction in context with the overall business strategy across all stages of development, from early innovation to commercialization in order to create sustained business value.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for the technical content for the team.
- Develop the strategic direction for the system. Delivers the 5 to 10 years technology roadmap.
- Build customer insight generation throughout the organization to be empathetic and responsive to customer needs to create sustained value.
- Work cross functionally to deliver innovation and execute projects.
- Select, accelerate, and develop talent within the organization both to continue to develop succession within the organization and to export talent to other areas of IGT.
- Create partnership with internal stakeholders (different functional areas) to manage risks, resources, and trade-offs, to deliver business goals.
- Develop and drive strong accountability for all the systems deliverables within committed cost, schedule and performance. This includes: studies, product realization projects, maintenance activities.
- Responsible for driving design for excellence in all our products: performance, reliability, serviceability and manufacturability.
- Responsible for driving cost down initiatives in order to meet the product cost roadmap.
- Responsible for driving Compliance plans and supporting designers with interpreting the standards.
- Responsible for financial performance of department including expense control, staffing plans, budget preparation and quarterly forecasts.
- Manage resource allocation (time & material) within the system by setting the right priorities for all activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the execution of all activities is in accordance with the organization processes.
- Leads and participate in the continuous improvement of the organization processes and tools.
Philips Healthcare simplifies healthcare by focusing on the people in the continuum of care, patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
You will be part of the R&D leadership team within the Image Guided Therapy Devices business unit, which is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of cardio-vascular systems and devices in medical diagnosis and intervention. Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
You will work closely with cross functional partners (Marketing, R&D, Clinical, Operations, Service, Q&R, and Finance) as well as the broader Innovation organization (Research, Business incubation, IGT-Systems).
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. This demanding position will give you the chance to push your career and aspirations forward within a top global company. Prove how well you can use your communication and technical skills to achieve the business goals, and we’ll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands as you harness your team’s skills and energies to grow our business. Philips Healthcare has earned a worldwide reputation for developing advanced solutions that meet patients’ needs, and we will support and facilitate your path to create the next breakthrough.
Technical skills and experience
- Track record of success in shaping R&D pipelines for the future with experience developing and delivering disruptive technologies.
- Demonstrated skill in developing strategy that supports organizational and business growth goals and in relationship with other businesses.
- Well-developed business acumen—strong understanding of financial and business implications of R&D strategy, experience in leveraging this knowledge in positioning innovation to create significant and sustained value.
- Track record of delivering breakthrough, high-value portfolio mix to successful launch.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the science and technologies necessary to support and drive innovation, uses depth to challenge teams, push innovation further.
- Experience with the development of disposable devices (catheters, guide wires, …).
- Track record of building strong collaborative relationships with other functions (commercial leaders, marketing, development, operations, Q&R) to ensure pipeline is grounded in reality.
- Experience with intellectual property, licensing, and technology transfers.
- Proven track record in making effective decisions to maximize investment payoffs that drive value for the business.
- Proven skill in working in a regulatory environment.
- Effective in navigating in a highly matrixed organization; leverages relationships and influences key decision-makers and business leads.
- Skilled in team development and people leadership.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking
- Experience in system design and system architecture
- Extensive experience in content driven technical leadership
- Lateral thinker with a helicopter view, capable of finding appropriate solutions covering the implications in different disciplines
- Quality minded
- Result driven
- Good listener
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to email@example.com
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top