System Architect Digital Innovation
Job TitleSystem Architect Digital Innovation
Do you want to be responsible for the architecture of Philips connected digital systems? Will you accelerate digital innovation in the Philips Health continuum covering healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care? Will you drive convergence of the professional health care domain and the personal consumer care spaces? Do you want to empower yourself, take initiative, innovate and constantly strive to deliver better solutions? Then we are looking for you!
As a Senior System Architect Digital Innovation you are responsible for:
- Defining and deploying short-term (<2 years) roadmaps for digital propositions and indicating longer-term (2-4 years) expectations on developments within his/her application area
- Defining the architecture to the level that it can be realized by project teams and decomposing the architecture in modular, easy-to-maintain and scalable subsystems that can meet future requirements
- Co-responsible for maintaining and updating the knowledge in the architect team, with respect to innovation and new technical developments, within the area of smart connected products.
- Determining the required hardware and software interfaces in close co-operation with experts and contributing to the definition of future platforms
- Ensuring the consistency and lean integration of quality processes focusing on continuous improvement, and a customer centric and agile way of working
- Driving an accepted implementation of architecture, by explaining, convincing, involving of and cooperating with relevant competences
- Driving the acquisition process and supporting program management
- Supporting business development by identifying and qualifying technical opportunities
- Developing propositions in alignment with Philips Global Digital Innovation Strategy
- Leading teams in defining future architectures for smart connected products in the Philips Health continuum
The Electronic Products and Systems group is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). We make a major contribution to the development of many digitally connected Philips products, systems and services. You will work in a team of about 70 Electronic Designers/Engineers and System Architects and you will report directly to the Department Head.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
For this senior position we are looking for you who feels comfortable in an environment where you have the possibility and flexibility to design your work yourself. We need you because you are independent, autonomic, but with good interpersonal and communicative skills. You like the challenge to further develop yourself in terms of system architecture but also in terms of coaching, empowering people, developing strategies and striving for the best solutions. You feel comfortable in influencing, negotiating with clients and project teams, to be in a broad leading role, with functional responsibilities. You get passionate when you are confronted with complex problems requiring different competences and disciplines to work together to come up with an integral solution.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience as a system designer or architect;
- Strong technical skills in system design, preferably complemented with adjacent embedded software development competences;
- Proven experience in a lean way of working;
- A passion for and a deep understanding of connected products, in particular complex eco-systems, comprising of integrated sensors, data generation/processing and connectivity
- Experience in coaching and leading colleagues/ teams in finding the right platform solutions;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams including multi-site development;
Furthermore, you have:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Good analytical and conceptual skills;
- A problem solving and pragmatic attitude
- Fluent in English
- Position is full time and location is on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and you want to be responsible for the overall architecture of complex and innovative systems please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 225091 We are looking forward to meeting you!
After a pre-selection process based on your resume, you will be invited for recruitment and business interviews. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top