SW Technical Support L2
Job TitleSW Technical Support L2
Why this role on this team?
You will be part of a highly skilled Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services team responsible for overall success of Philips customers utilizing our suite of medical imaging products. The Software Technical Support level 2 will be responsible for support of our installation and customer support teams at a senior level. This pivotal role will provide you the opportunity to leverage your diverse IT background including DICOM, Windows, scripting, and networking skills to deliver our healthcare platform services to a broad set of internal and external customers. Take your technical skills to the next level working on diverse and complex technical challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment. As a part of this new organization you will have a unique opportunity to broaden your technical knowledge and problem solving skills while being at the forefront of healthcare innovation working on our advanced healthcare medical imaging platform.
Philips is uniquely positioned as a health technology leader. We’ve been doing this for over 100 years, and leading the confluence of clinical and informatics is in our DNA.
OVERARCHING PLATFORM STORY
What is the Healthcare Informatics Solution Set?
Philips Healthcare Informatics, Inc. develops and distributes enterprise-wide medical image and information management solutions for Radiology and Cardiology departments.
For Cardiology Philips offers Intellview CardioVascular System (ISCV) and Xper Flex Cardio.
ISCV is a Cardiology PACS system used to document, store, view and archive cardiology images. Xper Information Management (Xper IM) encompasses a suite of related solutions designed to enhance interventional cardiology workflow. Flex Cardio is a Physiomonitoring and analysis system for use in the interventional environment.
This innovative software suite presents a variety of innovation tools for reporting, scheduling, inventory and intelligent data management. These tools help enhance cardiology workflow and increase efficiency for all cardiovascular professionals.
Why is the Healthcare Informatics Solution Set important?
By connecting patients, practitioners, and process with innovative technology, we help Cardiology departments transform their care practice to improve diagnostics, workflow, patient care and financial outcomes. Our aim is to help our customers meet their goals for a positive impact to patients and their bottom line.
- Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs
- Work through resolution of technical service issues according to standard processes and procedures and specialized understanding of complex product issues
- Ensure all critical cases or highly complex situations are quickly transferred to appropriate senior staff member for immediate attention and proper escalation
- Log all service data required for tracking
- Maintain a high level of technical competence on Philips solutions and related technologies
- May act as subject matter expert on specific product group(s)
- Ensure all customers receive prompt and courteous support enabling the highest possible customer satisfaction
- Share best practices, knowledge and learning with team and the global support community to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and create knowledge base materials
- Provide world class customer service while Work with customers, development teams or level 1 support teams to resolve product issues
- Advise and coach level 1 and/or technical consultants on the identification and resolution of issues or system build or configuration performing and documenting this knowledge
- Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products and to improve overall product quality
- As applicable, serve as final point of escalation within Technical Support model, acting as an important interface between the customer and Engineering
We are looking for:
- 5+ years supporting one or more Philips solution and/or technology required
- 2+ years working experience with Philips or other vendors cardiologyPACS products and/or technology is preferred.
- Experience with interface engines (ie Rhaposody) preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness of exhibiting leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Proven proactive, self-starter with ability to assess complicated scenarios, determine action required, and engage appropriately to resolution
- Proven ability to write technical articles outlining problems, resolution and troubleshooting steps.
- Relevant degree in computer science or related technology with 5+ years hands-on experience supporting customers
- ITIL Foundation certification and Proven ability to write technical articles outlining problems, resolution and troubleshooting steps
- Bachelor’s degree (BA / BS) Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred or equivalent experience with at least 10 years of experience
- Experience with Philips Medical Imaging products strongly preferred
- Firm background in DICOM and HL7
- Understanding of network configuration (DNS, VPN, IP Proxy, TCPIP, load balancers)
- Expertise with Windows systems administration
- Strong background in SQL
- Advanced Windows troubleshooting
- Requires highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with information and application security including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials, and X.509 certificates.
- Experience using and troubleshooting the following Technologies/Protocols:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / 2005 /2008
- Server Operating Systems: / 2008
- TCP/IP networking
- Experience applying the following skill sets:
- SQL Query / Report Creation
- Power Shell Scripting
- Visual Basic Scripting
- Batch File Scripting
- MS Windows Server Installation / Operating system installation
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top