SW Quality Assurance Engineer
Job TitleSW Quality Assurance Engineer
SW Quality Assurance Engineer
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
We challenge you to support the Philips’ Hospital to Home business as SW Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Works as part of agile scrum team
- Writes test plans, test scripts and test scenarios that adhere to the system requirements
- Tests software programs to compare specifications and documentation.
- Tests application installs on VM environment
- Tests video software
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments.
- Writes and codes automated tests for application under test.
- Documents, tracks, and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Reviews and contributes to software program documentation.
You will report directly to the Director of Quality & Regulatory within Philips Hospital to Home (H2H) business. The H2H team is part of Philips Healthcare Informatics, Solutions & Services (HISS) division. This position is based in Baltimore, MD
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- *FDA and/or Health/Medical Device experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or Information Technology related field.
- At least five years experience in testing, some of which with testing Windows desktop and server applications
- Three plus years experience with SQL Server and T-SQL and can create select, insert, update, delete statements
- Ability to automate repetitive tasks (such as inserting test data, automating test cases, etc..)
- Familiar with network testing tools like Wireshark, ping, tracert, etc..
- Ability to simulate network latency, jitter, and delay while testing
- Ability to think outside of the box on how non-functional requirements could impact functional requirements
- Familiarity with HL7 is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Clustering is a plus
- Familiarity with VMWare is a plus
- Prefer knowledge of HP (Mercury) Quality Center tools
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a group
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Call to Action / Contact
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top