SW Development Engineer
- Cambridge, MA
SW Development Engineer
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to be involved in developing challenging software modules within a complex and advanced environment.
You are responsible for
- Designing, implementation, integration and test of a (sub) system, component or module in high quality, according to requirements and on time.
- Complying and aligning with software development professionalism standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing).
- Carrying out complicated development and prototyping tasks.
- Good understanding of the market needs and ability to translate them to implementation requirement while considering the overall solution.
- Promoting domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding.
- Promoting trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally
You are a part of
The Philips Innovation & Solution Hub that reports into the Philips Research North America Organization. The Philips North America Research organization is based at our Innovation Campus in Cambridge Massachusetts. The Philips Research organization includes 1300 scientists collaborating with over 300 universities and clinical partners globally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience programming in an object-oriented language such as C++
- Exposure to signal processing and image processing application is a plus
- Exposure to deploying Deep learning applications on mobile devices or intel platforms
- Experience with Android and/or iOS app development a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking \"outside the box\"
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Back to top