Supplier/vendor Quality Engineer 3
Job TitleSUPPLIER/VENDOR QUALITY ENGINEER 3
Supplier Quality Engineer – Highland Hts, OH (Philips HealthTech)
As the incumbent of this Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Key areas of responsibilities (KARS) for this role include:
- Partner with R&D, Operations and Procurement personnel to proactively engineer quality and ensure compliance for raw materials, components, finished products, etc., from suppliers
- Develop and support regulatory compliance gaps at suppliers, including supplier quality system and process development activities
- Manage additions/deletions/changes to the status of suppliers on the Approved Supplier List, including supplier master file records
- Ensure raw materials/components/products at supplier(s) are released from supplier(s) to Philips according to the agreed requirements
- Perform 3rd party product compatibility risk assessments in partnership with R&D and Market Procurement (Markets SQE)
- Drive quality and compliance development
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
Location: Highland Hts, OH
We are looking for:
A person who is excited by the unique professional challenges that our Quality Transformation presents, has strong technical competencies, and demonstrates resilience challenging, often demanding situations. We are looking for a perfectionist- a fixer who continuously strives for excellence as a way of life; not just as a job. We’re looking for someone who can inspire others to adopt this mentality of prioritizing quality above all else in a relentless pursuit to improve the quality of life billions for the billions of people Philips brand touches each year.
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Current certification with a recognized Accreditation body (i.e., RAB-QSA/IRCA) or successful completion of ASQ certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) an
- 3-5 years of total industry experience with 4+ years of related experience in a medical device or regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device regulations, requirements and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and 820, ISO13485, ISO14971, European Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC), Canadian Medical Devices Regulation (SOR/98-282), Japanese MHLW Ordinance 169, and ISO 9001.
- Familiar with Quality tools such as: Six-Sigma, 8-D, CAPA, FMEA, 5WHY, etc.
- Experience in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Mike Diamond – [email protected]
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top