Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support products that lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
You are responsible for
Perform Supplier Quality activities related to purchased part qualification with suppliers, supplier quality issue resolution and ensuring appropriate incoming material inspection strategies. Partner with Product Development and Manufacturing to adequately define Critical to Quality (CTQs) purchased parts. Plan, execute, and manage quality activities with suppliers, setting a high standard and fast response expectation so quality issues are prevented or minimized. Lead with best practices to enable our organization to provide high quality medical products to our customers.
- Manage Supplier Quality related activities for purchased materials for electro-mechanical commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies (PCA's), power supplies, cables, battery packs, plastics, sheet metal, machined parts, OEMs (displays, medical assemblies), labeling, etc.
- Work with Development, Manufacturing, and External Suppliers to assess risks and define CTQs. Lead the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) cross-functional team to provide the required deliverables in a timely manner.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release and change via APQP: process mapping, process FMEA, process control plan, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), GR&R, MSA, line release, ramp monitoring, etc. Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals. Support targeted and "at-risk" suppliers with new product introduction and facilitate from concept to launch whilst communicating and offering solutions for any potential risks identified.
- Focus on quality issue resolution via an 8-D based Supplier Corrective Action request process. Resolve quality issues via structured quality methods in order to ensure efficient and effective root cause analysis, and corrective / preventive actions that ensure there is no recurrence.
- Execute supplier audits, CAPA's and monitor supplier metrics.
- Orchestrate Philips first article inspection / first production inspection, and ongoing inspection plans that are aligned with supplier's capabilities, quality history and our product needs.
- Support key processes as subject matter expert.
You are a part of
The PCMS Global Supplier Quality Team works with a worldwide supply base and our global Business Innovation Units (BIU's) to help ensure high quality purchased materials. The team leads Supplier Quality Engineering activities during new product development, purchased material quality issue resolution and ongoing supplier quality monitoring.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Engineering degree and 8+ years total industry experience, 4+ in manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems/products/solutions for the medical, aerospace or automotive industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, power supplies, cables, custom battery packs, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal), cables, etc.
- Strong hands-on project management and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to consistently establish and meet aggressive timelines. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships on a global scale.
- Strong APQP knowledge and experience with all aspects of supplier quality management: quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures (use of statistical process control methodologies (CPk/PPk and data analysis is essential)
- Proven track record of developing suppliers & being part of a wider development team.
- Tenacity to getting things done and not accepting the norm, being adaptable to changing situations.
- Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Material and Supplier Quality and Data Management areas.
- Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in a regulated environment, medical devices preferred.
- Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001.
- Knowledgeable in SAP Quality Management, Oracle Data Warehouse, Mini-Tab, Query tools such as Qlik, web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
- CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Fluent in English, as well as language within region.
In return, we offer you
To advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top