Supplier Quality Assurance Specialist
Job TitleSupplier Quality Assurance Specialist
Job DescriptionYour challenge
A new role within Philips Healthcare; the Supplier Quality Assurance Specialist ensures that external third party suppliers of products, spare parts and services to Philips EMEA Markets meet applicable Purchasing Controls regulatory requirements and Philips standards and specifications. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the processes and procedures that govern compliance to applicable external regulations and standards for third party purchased parts and services (e.g. ISO13485, ISO9001, ISO14001, FDA 21 CFR 820.50, ANVISA) with a special emphasis on Purchasing Controls and ensuring continuous improvement of the quality and compliance of the supply base in the EMEA markets. Are you people oriented and do you like to work in a constant changing environment, please apply!
- Your key responsibilities are in the domain of Supplier Quality management, supporting Supplier selection, qualification including supplier quality audits, approval, monitoring, feedback and communications- including Supplier Corrective Action Requests- where applicable.
- Ensure compliance to external regulations & standards and Philips policies on Purchasing Controls for third party suppliers in the EMEA markets
- Maintain Purchasing Controls procedures and processes to support the process of third party products procurement and resale
- Support supplier quality management programs such as e.g. supplier selection, supplier classification, supplier qualification and supplier rating
- Support further rollout of the third party product risk assessment process globally, and support procurement in monitoring and driving compliance to third party product risk assessment requirements
- Execute the supplier quality audit program and follow up on supplier audit results
- Lead and/or participate in supplier audits for suppliers in the market supply base and ensure that supplier implements and maintains any resulting corrective action program, through the SCAR process
- Interact with various stakeholders to ensure effective quality problem resolution with suppliers
- Maintain supplier performance metrics and report as appropriate to management
- Coordinate, Initiate and drive Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), where applicable
- Ensure timely closure of SCARs and audit findings at external suppliers
- Defend Philips in audits of Purchasing Controls by notified bodies and external agencies in the EMEA Markets Provide training on Purchasing Controls regulations, processes and procedures to Philips personnel in the Markets
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world. The Position will report into the Single Value Added Layer Q&R Supplier Quality Assurance EMEA region, with a dotted reporting line to the Head of Supplier Quality for Philips Markets. You are working together with about 22 other Supplier Quality Assurance Managers.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering or science)
- At least 3 years experience of relevant experience in a regulated industry (medical device, aerospace, automotive, pharmaceutical, food) is required
- Experience with quality systems, quality tools and methodologies
- We are open for supplier quality engineers, design engineers, new product introduction engineers, R&D engineers
- Open to change and flexible
- Experience in an international environment
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Purchasing Controls procedures and processes (preferred)
- Proven auditing skills, experience with auditing suppliers, lead auditor certification is a plus
- Ability to think out of the box and adapt to commercial context
- Self-starter and self-directed, capable of working with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate well, oral and written in English
- Willingness to travel up to 40-50%
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 220200.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top