Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As the Manager of Supplier Quality Assurance within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
You are responsible for
- Develop purchasing control processes, procedures & systems in compliance with applicable regulations
- Set/update purchasing control requirements to suppliers, classification of suppliers, and risk categorization
- Ensure integration and validation of purchasing procedures with supporting IT and data applications for effective operationalization
- Own supplier qualification, audit, and assessment. This includes supporting and defending Philips in external and internal inspections/audits, and supporting the closure of regulatory compliance gaps at suppliers and suppler non-conformances.
- Participate in supplier selection process; maintain the Approved Supplier List (ASL) and documented evidence of evaluation records
- Actively monitors and reports on supplier quality metrics, quality agreements with critical suppliers, and quality of supplier records and drives supplier quality management review with relevant stakeholders
- Actively participates in supplier quality related communication and feedback
- Drives compliance with applicable Quality Management Systems; engaging in Corrective Actions as needed
- Supplier Quality Subject Matter Expert for approved Quality Agreement templates managed in Ariba Cloud
You are a part of
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Your key responsibilities are in the domain of Supplier Quality management, Remediation of existing risks from internal and external audits of Supplier Quality and Purchasing Controls, supporting Supplier selection, warehousing and distribution controls, QMS qualification including supplier quality audits, approval, monitoring, feedback and communications- including Supplier Corrective Action Requests- where applicable.
- Working Knowledge of medical device regulations, e.g., ISO 13485, FDA cGMP, MDD, other global equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years of quality, internal audit or purchasing controls related work experience in a regulated industry
- Bachelor's degree preferably in an Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain discipline with 5+ years of related experience
- Proven track record and Excellent in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
- Expertise/experience in problem solving with quality tools such as: 6-sigma / 8-D / CAPA / FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Auditing skillsets, up to and including certified SQ lead auditor training
In return, we offer you
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech - focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top