Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Job TitleSupplier Quality Assurance Manager
As the incumbent of this Supplier Quality Assurance Manager role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
- Working on problems of diverse scope where analysis of Supplier Quality data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- The development of the Supplier Quality solutions, this requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of supplier quality principles, theories and concepts.
- Formulates the supplier quality solution for (technical) partial problems that cannot be found by combining previous experiences but by composing newly acquired supplier quality knowledge.
- May lead multi-disciplinary change projects in Supplier Quality, managing a number of people.
- Works independently and provides consultative advice within specific functional areas.
- Introduces supplier quality methods/procedures that are new for the organisation. Applies advanced supplier quality process principles to multiple tasks.
- Proficient in supplier quality area of specialization and contributes in other disciplines.
- Determines feasibility of supplier quality concepts or projects. Has basic knowledge of related disciplines.
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interfaces with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
We are looking for
- Working Knowledge of medical device regulations, e.g., ISO 13485, FDA cGMP, MDD, other global equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of related work experience.; cross industry experience a plus (e.g., automotive, aerospace).
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree preferably in an Engineering discipline with > 5 years of related experience in Supplier Quality; or a Master’s degree with < 3 years of related experience in Supplier Quality
- Proven abilities in Product/process development and/or supplier quality improvement.
- Proven track record and Excellent in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
- Expertise/experience in problem solving with quality tools such as: 6-sigma / 8-D / CAPA / FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Excellent knowledge of production/quality development and control methods; CtQ definition, DfSS, SPC, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, etc.)
- Auditing skillsets, up to and including certified SQ lead auditor training; with advanced manufacturing and/or special process auditing skills e.g., PCBA.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawing notation, tolerances, specifications
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top