Supplier Delivery Performance Manager
Effective Wednesday, December 8, 2021, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may c ontact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Responsible for the delivery performance of Philips' suppliers of motors and batteries that deliver to all Philips' businesses (globally). Ensuring that supplier capacity is aligned with Philips' longer term demand and that supply constraints are early identified and resolved. Manages alignment within Procurement and Operational Materials Management (OMM), continuous improvement and escalations on global level.
You are responsible for
- Responsible on monitoring supplier delivery performance trends using digital analytical tools to identify potential risks and propose corrective or preventive action based on the findings.
- Maintain OMM projects and saving results.
- Define replenishment model, MoQ, and lead-time improvements
- Ensuring effectiveness of material inbound flow to meet the long-term capacity forecast.
- Consolidate and analyze supplier delivery performance data to ensure "Delivery" content is addressed in the Business Review Meeting with the supplier.
- Participate and provide input from material management views when it comes to multiple sourcing decision making.
- Collaborate with Business process experts on developing new processes, bringing improvements and tools standardization across Philips's sites
- Increase the adoption of standardized tools by providing training to local operational buyers.
- Responsible for key/high complexity supplier delivery performance management and monitoring (suppliers A/Z or with lowest KPI results)
- Coordinate OMM input across multiple sites to drive harmonization in supplier delivery performance management across sites.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' related experience
- Proven track record in tactical / strategic material management and/or commodity management
- Knows how to run large scale improvement projects.
- End-to-end supply chain management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to see the exceptions from massive amount of data
- Tactical procurement and relation to strategic procurement themes.
- Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Influencing skills
- Thinking end-to-end to optimize performance (cost, quality, delivery) in the total chain rather than at one local instance.
- Ability to look beyond the next tier, e.g. address structural 2, 3, ... N-tier issues and opportunities.
- Able to approach situations with helicopter view, good sense for detecting the key root causes and for proposing creative solutions.
- Capable to analyze supplier/ item profile in order to define proper replenishment process
- Able to assess how much depth in data is required to make proper decisions. Strive for high quality with whilst preventing 'analysis paralyses'.
- Able to cope stressful situations effectively
- Goes the extra mile when required.
- Monitor weekly/ monthly KPIs and runs Pareto analysis
- Runs corrective and preventive improvement projects
- Engaging personality that pulls teams together to mitigate issues fast and effectively, disregarding people's reporting lines.
- Dares to escalate when needed.
- Able to adjust communication style; e.g. demanding versus cooperative.
- Follows up on process adoption and compliance.
- Supports other team members with their improvement activities and provides expert knowledge
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart - which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home - for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone's in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn't office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
Philips Electronics Ltd is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran