Supplier Account Manager
Job TitleSupplier Account Manager
The Supplier Account Manager (SAM) is a procurement expert translating strategy into supply management solutions for EMS and tier-2 e-components commodities. He/She is a senior team member of Commodity Team.
Execution of commodity strategy: SAM understands changing business needs for the supported areas vs the subsequent impact on commodity. Must have the strategic capability to oversee and support on short- and long term strategies, balanced by the operational capability to implement them (strategic and hands on)
Supply base management/ Supplier account manager: Supplier account management including the development and management of partnership cooperation programs with suppliers, managing contracts, developing supplier plans and performing supplier evaluation/ rating/ monitoring.
Select Suppliers for new sourcing requests, including (re) negotiation of competitive prices, gaining maximum leverage opportunity, defining (global) supplier contracts. act as a team representative for the region for EMS
Assess and benchmark suppliers: Maintains overview on the regional EMS market by conducting frequent benchmarks. Assess suppliers’ operational capabilities and roadmap, as well as their cost competitiveness based on objective requirements vs quantitative and fact based results. Builds and maintains up-to-date knowledge about company’s processes, strategies and industry trends.
Develop and maintain appropriate linkages: Display strong project management skills by maintaining good relationships with multi-disciplinary/global teams such as development, finance and operations within various categories to ensure successful execution of strategies. Drive preferred supplier selection for sourcing portfolio. Ensure early involvement of procurement in innovation projects driving supplier (open) innovation bringing outside-in knowledge. Works closely with Procurement Engineering teams.
Negotiations and cost reductions: Lead annual price negotiations for specific suppliers. Create saving initiatives, Benchmarks and projects to support required price erosion.
- Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Work experience in global and complex (electronics) manufacturing procurement environment
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Ability to propose and work on structured solutions.
- Ability to influence others and build effective working relationships both internally and externally at various organizational levels
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Negotiation skills and contract management experience
- Must be highly analytical and result oriented
- Ability to travel mostly regional, but also International
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Electronics Manufacturing Services industry (preferably in (customer) Supply Chain management, Account Management, or Program Management) and/or in Procurement function of a multinational company managing EMS.
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top