Strategy - Manager HealthTech
Job TitleStrategy - Manager HealthTech
In this role you have the opportunity to
Influence strategy and growth in a leading Health Technology company. Are you a highly talented strategist, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, who can support the Philips Executive Committee to make decisions? As a Manager in the Strategy team you will directly support and influence key decisions made at the highest level of the Philips organization.
You are responsible for
- Own and drive project work streams or projects, guided by the Strategy management team
- Conduct high quality, meaningful, evidence-based business analyses;
- Build and communicate actionable strategy recommendations;
- Contributing to the formulation of actionable strategy recommendations
Responsibilities range from global projects at group level to high-impact projects within specific markets. Typical projects could be as broad as the evaluation of Philips' global footprint in terms of value creation opportunities, the creation of a market entry strategy for kitchen appliances in the US, the identification and mapping of growth opportunities in the global Clinical Information market or a deep dive into the requirements to thrive in the Chinese market for Philips' businesses.
You are part of
Structured around 4 global hubs located in Amsterdam, Andover, Singapore and Shanghai, the Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies. The team works with Philips businesses, market organizations and functional teams, supplying them with deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a top tier Strategy Consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey, Roland Berger, etc.) plus MBA from a top tier business school
- Or non-MBA candidates: minimum of 3 to 6 years Strategy Consulting experience alternatively, 3 to 6 years in New Business Development or strategy role for a top-tier international company
- International business experience (experience in emerging markets is a plus)
- A Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- A willingness to travel (25%)
In return, we offer you
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Executive Committee, plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development. Our benefits package includes:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually
Within Philips, the Strategy team is a proven landing spot for strategy consultants, and a stepping stone for future leaders. There is the opportunity to develop further within the strategy career track, but many predecessors have successfully moved into other areas of business – from general management to marketing. Projects form the ideal opportunity for members of the Strategy team to get to know the business better and vice versa.
The position is based in Amsterdam - A city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top