Statistical Forecast Analyst
Job TitleStatistical Forecast Analyst
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Forecast Analyst will report directly to the Sr. Manager Analytics and Performance improvements. Their direct accountability will be to support the monthly North America Demand Consensus cycle. The analyst will perform statistical and analytical analysis as well as various administrative tasks. The Planning Analyst will gather and organize demand planning data from various cross functional teams and systems in preparation for collaborative demand planning consensus meetings each month. The Demand Planning Analyst will use JDA statistical modeling to generate detail level, long range forecast for a group of SKU's or products.
You are responsible for
The Forecast Analyst will be responsible to maintain the statistical forecast in the planning engine.
The Forecast Analyst may be asked to lead or implement various continuous improvement initiatives in the area of demand and supply planning.
- Clean historical sales data and keep detailed notes that can be used during demand consensus meetings and during accuracy checks
- Use JDA to generate a long term statistical forecast
- Conduct collaboration meeting between demand planning, customer demand planning to reach consensus.
- Build statistical forecast based on sales history, market intelligence and analytical insights.
- Conduct forecast accuracy reconciliation analysis and use learning for future modeling.
- Support the monthly NA demand consensus process including but not limited to:
- Gather and track key metrics (Line Item Fill Rate, Forecast Performance)
- Manage NA demand consensus meeting administration
- Prepare NA demand planning templates
- Compile presentations for various NA leadership meetings
- Other duties as assigned
You are a part of
The Forecast Analyst may support Sales and Operations meeting through performance metrics tracking, administrative tasks and or analytical trend analysis.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Undergraduate degree required (Supply Chain, Engineering, Math or Business preferred) with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and highly adaptable to change.
- Excel Power User, Access, PowerPoint
- Must have working knowledge of basic supply and demand planning concepts as well as Sales and Operations Planning.
- JDA/SAP or other planning software experience preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Data Mining – Business Data Models, Microsoft Access, Enterprise Systems, Business Reporting Systems, External Data Sources
- Data Analysis – Core Statistics, Excel
- Critical Thinking – Ability to explore & evaluate broad potential solution sets and provide objective data-driven recommendations
- Analytical Curiosity – Comfortable with and enjoys working in very detailed, data intense environment; logical, creative, puzzle-solving mentality
- Continuous Improvement Mentality
- Collaboration – Ability to identify stakeholders and create win-win situations with other functions; ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders and team members
- Influence – Develop credibility and ability to sell recommendations at all levels of the organization; deliver objective, data-driven solutions with appropriate business perspective communicated in concise and understandable fashion
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top