Sr. Verification Engineer
Sr. Verification Engineer
The Senior Verification Engineer will have the opportunity to support the full product life cycle of cutting edge medical devices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting product and software validation through development, manufacturing and into continuation providing technical support and leadership on a cross-functional team
- Define, document, and continuously improve verification/validation tests including conducting peer reviews and maintaining traceability to requirements
- Working closely with marketing, usability, clinical, and design engineers to drive design inputs and then participate in validating design outputs
- Participate in reviews of requirements, design documents, and test related artifacts
- Create auto test requirement, set up and execute auto-test requirement and reporting
- Perform verification tests and conduct analysis of the test results to ensure complete verification of the requirements
- Identifying, analyzing, owning and driving technical issues to resolution
- Proactively own and drive process improvements
- Perform work with little to no supervision as verification and validation subject-matter expert
Skills and experience :
- 8+ years' industry experience in product development environment required with a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience desired in a medical device or other regulated industry
- Statistical Analysis experience if preferred
- Working with Standards like 13485, 14971, 62304 is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven ability to perform problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proficiency in using typical lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, etc.) required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with minimal guidance to make decisions and report progress required
- Demonstrated leadership role in test and issue ownership including ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel required
- Experience with requirements management, configuration management, issue tracking tools, etc. required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed signal circuits
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of multi-component electrical devices, PC interfaces, communication protocols, digital design, DSP, wired and wireless communication
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of signal processing concepts like block diagrams, filters, Fourier analysis, audio, acoustics etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software development process, source code control, version control, high and low level programming languages
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top