Sr Systems Engineer
Sr Systems Engineer
You will be driving the system engineering, solutions and interoperability during a critical time in Healthcare, where leaders are meeting a sea of change in the volume and variety of diagnostic images in their systems.
Philips Enterprise Imaging is a platform that combines deep clinical expertise with technological innovation and close partnership to securely connect patients, care teams, and data across entire health systems.
- Continue the support of our virtually hosted, IntelliSpace PACS product by delivering Connected, Secure, and Intelligent integrated solution
- As a Senior System Engineer you will apply high level system performance modelling, profiling and analysis
- Provide the capability to step into the depths of a system by looking into: tools, techniques, identification and resolution of operational and product problems
- Be a leader on a team that is called to investigate issues but also adopt a forward thinking focus on customer support
- Ensure we keep insight, the big picture and articulate solutions for the business within the Medical field
- Define solutions for the product that would include infrastructure components such as: VMWare, Network, HW sizing, Capacity Planning, Operational Deployment, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment and even Cloud enabled platforms).
- Identify, Define and Resolve!
- Product interoperability challenges with various external systems (like RIS, 3rd party Software's)
- Product solutions that meet and enhance the unique workflow requirements of various customers (Hospitals)
- Actions to ensure the product leverages various cutting edge technology(ies) like cloud, encryption technologies, various interoperability profiles (IHE)
You'll join the R&D team responsible for building and maintaining this system based software. The Philips' Enterprise Imaging and Clinical Informatics Business Unit provides a comprehensive solution for medical image storage and enterprise distribution.
Our SaaS solution, stores images for millions of patients across hundreds of hospitals across the World and helps clinicians acquire, analyze, and interpret clinical data so they have the care-specific information they need to make informed decisions with confidence.
We Are Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science (open to similar domain degree)
- 10+ years of System and/or Software Engineering
- Extensive PACS, DICOM and HL7 knowledge: able to design end to end solutions, defining the operational conditions of the product
- Must have Virtual Environment knowledge (IE: VMware)
- A core engineering strength in Interconnected Systems and Networking
- Good experience in scripting, database queries (should be able to put together scripting to automate certain functions, query data base and similar such activities)
- Experience designing highly available and scalable software systems using Scrum Methodologies
- Must have experience with system level performance modelling, profiling and analysis
- Experience with troubleshooting and analyzing virtual environment and network issues
- Preferred experience with security implementation for medical regulatory compliance and IHE profiles
Prefer local candidates in Pleasanton area.
In Return, We Offer You:
An influential role within Philips Enterprise Imaging business. The excitement to work on projects that have critical impact on the business and customers. More importantly the continued opportunity to bring in changes (including disruptive changes) that have significant wins for our customers and business
Why Should You Join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top