Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
Job TitleSr. Supplier Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work hand-in-hand with our provider customers to transform the home healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic diseases and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for at-risk individuals in the home through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
You are responsible for
- Supports on-site/off-site supplier quality development including coordination/management of required internal/external resources.
- Qualifies subprocesses of suppliers.
- Manages quality conformity of supplies via active monitoring of the supplier performance and driving the incident and complaint resolution.
- Ensures quality conformity of supplies via active monitoring of the supplier performance and take corrective actions (incident and complaint handling).
- Executes the contractual definition and agreement on product and process specifications with the supplier (e.g. PQA / MQS). Supports incident related liability recovery (CoNQ)
- Provide Supplier Quality Engineering support for key product introductions:
- Master Validation Plan review and sign off.
- APQP review and sign-offs.
- First article review and sign off.
- Monitor manufacturing product quality with key contract manufacturer's and report at QBRs.
- Drive product quality improvement through the use of SCAR at key manufacturers.
- Audit / monitor assigned component suppliers
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Engineering degree and industry experience in manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems/products/solutions for the medical, aerospace or automotive industries
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, power supplies, cables, custom battery packs, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal), cables, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of supplier quality management: quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
- Quality & Regulatory knowledge ( ISO13485, FDA, EU directives, CFDA, etc)
- Medical device standards knowledge (IEC 60601-1; IEC 60601-1-11; EN 62304, ISO 14971, ISO 10993, EN 62133)
- Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is m• Experience with various manufacturing processes/commodities such as electro-mechanical assemblies, plastic injection molding, printed circuit assemblies and contract manufacturing is required.
ore than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top