Sr. Staff Engineer - Connectivity Architecture
Job TitleSr. Staff Engineer – Connectivity Architecture
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
- The Sr. Staff Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Recognized within the organization as a subject matter expert in the area of wireless connectivity architecture, patient data strategies, encryption, privacy & security, related technologies, and the clinical and commercial applications.
- Successfully lead Exploratory and Advanced Development Research and Engineering activities related to areas of Connectivity. Connectivity is a significant part of the Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) strategic roadmap for patient management related to successful clinical outcome and prevention of patient re-admissions. Key areas for connectivity research are developing an overall SRC connectivity architecture and roadmap for patient data, privacy & security, re-use of connectivity solutions across SRC, software re-use, ease of use.
- Provides input to company’s strategic planning process.
- Provides project and research planning.
- Resolves extremely complex issues on major problems and projects.
- Analytical and creative in resolving quantitative and qualitative issues.
- Resolves technical and marketing challenges.
- Provide individual effort as well as leading small ad-hoc project teams as necessary to drive the efforts forward.
- Coordinate research activities with other Philips businesses outside of healthcare as well to leverage the research knowledge base and expertise as applicable.
- Lead the transfer of the research efforts into new product development activities in order to successfully commercialize the technology for the business, specifically related to connectivity architecture (modems, WiFi, Bluetooth, carriers, etc).
- Support existing products as necessary as a subject matter expert to maintain product quality and production needs.
- Function as liaison between Research and the various SRC businesses to develop and guide the research roadmap and develop the SRC architecture strategy for overall patient data strategy.
- Identify technologies that result in opportunities for product quality enhancements, enhanced features, improved user experience, etc.
- Successfully interact with Engineering, Global Sourcing, Commodity Group, Supplier Quality, Production Support, suppliers, etc. to achieve long term objectives related to supplier selection, etc. to achieve objectives for performance, safety, manufacturability, reliability, cost, quality, and time to market.
- Generate and publish status reports and technical papers to document research activities and chair review meetings with key Directors, Managers, Project Technical Leads, etc. to demonstrate progress and alignment with the needs and objectives of the business.
Philips Healthcare simplifies healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, our goal is to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
The Sleep and Respiratory Care (SRC) Core Technology Group, based in Monroeville Pennsylvania, is responsible for the research, development and production support of key technology areas that are applicable across multiple businesses within Sleep and Respiratory Care. The technology areas include (but are not limited to) flow generation, connectivity, power, humidification, and materials & finishing. These technologies are shared across the business for product solutions, encompassing CPAP, invasive and non-invasive lung ventilation, secretion management, oxygen delivery and other aspects of respiratory care in hospital, skilled care facilities and home environments. The technology research activities are guided by the long term business needs to drive future growth.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
We are looking for
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in IoT (Internet of Things), connectivity hardware and software Architecture experience. (modems, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in leading research efforts to successful commercialization.
- Demonstrated skills in identifying and researching creative solutions and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in working with business leaders to develop product and technology roadmaps to guide long term research activities.
- Demonstrated experience in software developed (embedded systems, UI, applications) prototyping, system and product design.
- Demonstrated experience in the overall software design related to medical devices.
- Must be willing to travel (approx. 5%).
- Physical requirements: This position functions in a normal office & engineering lab environment that requires the ability to interface with standard office equipment such as computers, test equipment, printers, copiers, fax, telephones, etc. Position will spend periods of time sitting, standing, walking, etc., as part of the normal conduct of daily business affairs. Some lifting of equipment may be required.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top