Sr. Software Engineer
Job TitleSr. Software Engineer
Philips is a global health technology company where many of the best and brightest developers can openly collaborate to build a more connected and healthier society.
The Customer Response team is focused on identifying software issues and needs experienced by customers and developing software solutions to address those needs in a timely fashion.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, and documentation of monitoring/troubleshooting tools for performance enterprise software applications that support and add value to Respironics' ventilators and devices that treat OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea). The candidate must be highly intelligent and be able to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems. Engineering skills, judgment, and experience will be applied to ensure product innovation, quality, and that project schedules are met.
- Provide and lead in-depth analysis of advanced software issues being experienced by customers.
- Develop troubleshooting/monitoring tools for medical software and associated requirements and designs.
- Back-End Development, troubleshooting and fixing software issues related to applications.
The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
- Job skills & knowledge – Full knowledge and understanding of the work responsibilities. A consistent and aggressive commitment to the successful application of knowledge, skills, principles and practices that produce quality work and satisfied customers. Continue to add new knowledge for personal and organizational growth. Proactively share knowledge with others.
- Teamwork – A positive team member and leader, who listens to other opinions, accepts and uses suggestions for improvement and contributes to the overall team effort. Ability to flex assignments in order to meet group objectives and milestones.
- Innovation & change – While ensuring quality look for ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the organization's systems, processes and tools. Be flexible to change what is not working well.
- Sound decision-making logic - Think logically and practically when evaluating solutions. Use previous results as a method for learning and improving the quality of subsequent decisions. Continuously questions and confirms results and recognizes when results are not in line with expectations.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or software related program from an accredited university is required. A Master's Degree in any of the programs above is a plus.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in Software related role.
- Working knowledge of Java (required), Spring Frameworks (heavily preferred).
Location: Monroeville, PA
The candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Object oriented design and implementation
- Object oriented programming in a language such as Java
- Strong experience of Java 1.8 and Spring Framework 1.4
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with MondoDB
- Multi-processing and/or multi-threaded applications
- Documenting software requirements and designs
Experience with any of the following will be considered a plus:
- New Relic Application Performance Monitoring
- Experience with source control such a Git or equivalent
- Scrum/Agile software development process
- Developing medical related products
- Working directly with customers to resolve complex issues
Travel %: 0 – 10%
In return, we offer you
Describe in two to three lines what tangible and intangible benefits the incumbent will gain in this role. Use our Employer Value Proposition (EVP) themes and information gathered in the RSM as input sources.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top