Sr. Software Engineer
Job TitleSr. Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
You are responsible for
This position is for an embedded software development engineer. This role requires a high technical competency with embedded software development, and software development methodologies.
You are part of
The Sleep and Home Respiratory Care group, based in Monroeville PA, is responsible for the research, development and production support of products for CPAP sleep apnea devices, invasive and non-invasive lung ventilation and other aspects of respiratory care in hospital, skilled care facilities and home environment. The new product development projects usually take 2 to 3 years and contain software, mechanical and electromechanical hardware and electronics. Product lifecycles typically exceed 5 years and require ongoing support throughout the lifecycle. Sleep and Home Respiratory Care is a global business with main sites in all markets around the world.
Skills and experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or Electrical Engineering required with a minimum 7 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with embedded software development and in-depth understanding of low level interfacing, system testing, and debugging preferred.
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting low-level code using logic analyzer, or microprocessor debug probe. Proficiency in C/C++/C# and assembly language required.
- Strong working knowledge of structured design, embedded real-time systems, and hardware/software interface required. Experience with Embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Software engineering lifecycle experience required.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills are desired.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- The following requirements are highly desired, but are not required:
- Experience with App development across all platforms
- Experience with encryption and privacy and security in software highly desired.
- Embedded Linux experience
- Embedded motor control experience with ability to model control systems
- PEG user interface development.
- Experience with Subversion, IBM Rational Doors, and HP Quality Center is a plus.
- Experience in an ISO certified, FDA regulated industry.
We offer you
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That's okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top