Sr. Software Development Engineer
Job TitleSr. Software Development Engineer
Philips’ Corporate Information Security Organization is responsible for the protection of confidentiality, integrity and availability of Philips information assets. We are on an exciting journey to build a world-class capability and culture for our organization. You can be a part of this journey!
The successful candidate will take the role of a Security Software Development Engineer and report to the Security Development Team Lead. In this role you will work with a team of fellow developers to create, build and deploy advanced information security analytics and visualization production platforms hosted on cloud and inhouse infrastructure.
The Intelligence and the Security teams need to handle information and event logs at a massive scale across our enterprise and cloud solutions in order to improve security and gain insight into new and emerging threats. To achieve this goal we work together with the R&D and operations teams in investigating and deploying concepts from every area of computer science, including networking and cyber security, information storage and retrieval from Big Data systems, advanced network sensors, artificial intelligence, machine learning, distributed computing, deception, visualization and user interface design.
- Creating software system on Linux/Unix environment including distributed systems, data ingestion, high volume data processing, machine learning, algorithm design, reporting, data visualization, etc..
- Design, developing, test and maintain an analytic solutions for real world, large-scale problems.
- Data processing and Data visualization with latest open source, such as Kafka, Spark, HDFS, Storm, SQL and NO_SQLs.
- Developing a (semantic) data repository from open-source data.
- May lead multi-disciplinary change projects, leading a number of developers. Works independently and provides consultative advice within specific functional areas.
- Adhere to development processes including code reviews, design reviews and coding guidelines.
- Act as an enthusiastic and motivated member of the product solution development team.
What We Are Looking For
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be proficient in analyzing highly complex issues and architectures and reducing them to practice. Strong analytical skills are essential.
- Under limited supervision; ability to exercise independent judgment; has authority to make limited decisions without specific guidance or direction from supervisor. Must be self-motivated and a “self-starter”
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Java, Python or Scala, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Must have 4+ years professional experience in building large-scale, distributed enterprise software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers in agile methodology environment.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Software Development- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Enterprise Java and J2EE
- Experience in dveloping and implementing RESTful services framework.
- Solid development experience working on the Linux/Unix platform.
- Sound knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to Information Security
- 1 year experience of Backend and Data Development: ETL, data cleaning, data normalization/mapping
- Experience in team based collaborative programming/development, preferably Agile
- Experience with at least three of the following
- Big Data systems, Big Data pipelines and graph automation
- Building graph storage databases
- Information Security
- Network Engineering
- Splunk dashboard and visualization creation
- Experience in deploying Big Data technologies: Kafka, Splunk, SQL, no-SQL databases, in database analytics, Graph Databases
- Have a deep understanding of API design and implementation
- Experience with automated build systems, CI, Test-Driven Development methodologies, JUnit testing
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top