Sr Software Development Engineer
Job TitleSr Software Development Engineer
We welcome you to join Philips – Volcano as a Software Development Engineer working on the next generation of systems in intravascular imaging for coronary and peripheral applications in our Rancho Cordova, CA office
Are you driven Software Engineer who can demonstrate an innovation, problem solving, and a collaborative team development background then join us and contribute to the design and development of software for medical devices. In this role, you have the opportunity to Work with cutting edge product line IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for architecture, design, development, unit testing and review of artifacts
Work with R&D / testing teams to ensure tools and processes are put in place to help in continuous deployment
- Support test teams in Automation
- Responsible for Technical Communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Drives quality code across consoles software, review software architecture / design / code, establish end 2 end code quality culture including automation mindset.
- On the basis of his/her professional specialization, makes a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process.
- Develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications
- Hands on senior developer with strong abstraction, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to design prototypes that augment existing system
- Provides technical guidance to the team in technical/functional area
- Ensure deliverables are on time and of high quality
- Implement and evangelize good software development practices
- Implement continuous integration methodologies using IBM tool set, Jenkins, etc.
- Manages technical communication with customers and stakeholders
- Supports in project estimation, planning and risk management activities
You are a part of
Through its multi-modality platform, Philips - Volcano is the global leader in intravascular imaging for coronary and peripheral applications, and physiology. We also offer a suite of peripheral therapeutic devices. We have a broad range of technologies that make imaging and therapy simpler, more informative and less invasive. We offer physicians and their patients around the world with industry-leading tools that aid diagnosis and guide and provide therapy in cardiovascular care and expanding into other specialties. We are focused on improving patient and economic outcomes
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
6+ years on the job is a Software Devleopment role
- Expertise in C# .NET, WPF and WCF coding skills
- Exposure to healthcare standards (DICOM, IHE) and regulations
- Expertise in object oriented design and multi-threaded programming
- Ability to perform code review with the main focus on performance, integrity, and robustness
- Develop coding guidelines primarily focusing on performance, memory leakage.
- Perform Impact analysis for major software restructuring of existing projects
- Design and develop plans for unit and automated testing modules with specific needs.
- Very good team player and has proven experience to manage conflicts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Quality conscious
- Very Positive attitude and ability to motivate teams
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watch this video Experience Philips Volcano in Virtual Reality
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top