Sr. Software Build Engineer
Job TitleSr. Software Build Engineer
The Software Build and Release Team maintains and develops the processes and tools used to track and deploy our software products for the Business Solutions platform. The environment is fast-paced and the team is committed to delivering solutions that drive reliability and efficiency across the deployment pipeline. The successful candidate will be working with the team to support and integrate automated solutions throughout the development, QA, and Production environments on our AWS platform.
The candidate will be responsible for the build and deployment through our Continues Integration & Delivery pipeline. This candidate will have the knowledge and skill set to work in a Continuous Integrity environment using a wide variety of tools to delivery consistent successful software deployments. The candidate will have the experience and competencies to configure and develop dashboards to report on build and release metrics as well as the health of the overall system. Demonstration of the ability to automate and improve processes that will improve efficiency and effectiveness for our software releases is essential. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an environment where they had ownership of the process and procedures surrounding Release and Deployment of Software Products.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Science, Information Technology, or equivalent related program or experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a configuration management and release management environment
- Proficient in Configuration and Release Management best practices
- Experience implementing and automating CI/CD Processes for software delivery
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience deploying a Micro Services Architecture Application
- Experience working with Platform as a Service (PaaS) – AWS, Cloud Foundry
- Experience working with Continuous Integration Tools - TeamCity, Octopus, etc.
- Experience working with source control – Git, TFS, etc.
- Experience working with Atlassian productions – JIRA, Confluence
- Experience configuring and working with deployment automation tools – ElectricFlow, CodeShip, Go, etc.
- Experience configuring and working with IT Automation Tools – Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience configuring and working with Analysis Tools – Hygenia, SonarQube, PMD, etc.
- Experience following and promoting Agile development practices and working with Agile tools – Rally, etc.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages
- Knowledge of UI Design
Desired Skill Set
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to identify the root cause of process bottlenecks and provide recommendations for improvement
- Be a positive team member and leader that can proactively work with developers and managers to develop, coordinate, and enforce release and deployment process to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
- Be flexible within assignments in order to meet group objectives and milestones is required.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top