Sr. Software Architect
Job TitleSr. Software Architect
Responsibility & Key Result Areas
Responsible for the Scope and realization Architectural run-way, technical debts and Arch. spikes
Define scope and problem domain in a crisp and structured way: defining the problem with stakeholders and identifying key issues.
Responsible for the overall PI Quality
Deliver a consolidated architecture: creating well defined building blocks / system options & scenarios; choosing the optimal architecture, leveraging technology and contributing to/driving roadmaps, and driving technical spikes (IP).
Ensure good and up to date documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof; using methods & tools for a structured approach.
Driving an accepted implementation of architecture, by explaining, convincing, deciding; incl. validation and verification; architecture lifecycle management; teaming-up for results.
Act within the total context, (business, organization, roadmaps, external world, etc.): driving for convergence; capturing / re-use of prior art and in- and external trends; know your stuff;
Works with customers, stakeholders , product managers and product owners to understand the upcoming requirements of the system
Understands and communicates the non-functional requirements of the system
Evaluates design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
Develops and maintains documents and models to describe “how” the systems does what it is intended to do including recommended domain and use case models
Defines and split architectural epics into features of the program and portfolio Backlog
Presents the technological vision of the solution during release planning
Serves as a mentor and coach to teams to make appropriate system and component design decisions during implementations
Works with Enterprise Architects to establish the Architectural Runway
Inspect and adapt : solving issues and learning from them
Responsible for defining Architectural goals in line with ImCS organization strategy
Responsible for defining the Overall architecture of the system with clear interactions among external and internal interfaces
Responsible for defining technical alternatives and clearly adjudge and justify tradeoffs
Responsible for identifying the dependencies and plans to manage them
Responsible for identifying the failure modes and plans to manage them
Responsible for identifying the technical risks and plans to manage them
Role Competency & Personal Characteristics
- Very good knowledge of Architectural/Design patterns
- Hands on experience in Java/Spring/JDBC
- Very good knowledge in any Database technologies RDBMS/NoSQL/Columnar storage
- Should have worked in at least one “Enterprise Class” Product
- Experience in Healthcare/Service domains will be advantageous
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and is able to think quickly and adeptly about how to address issues/problems
- Demonstrated technical leadership qualities to inspire the team to attain goals, to pursue excellence and to contribute to global innovation
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into an program and/or service
- Ability to multitask through planning/organizing and get into details; ability to handle change and to prioritize as required
- Ability to lead and inspire team
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top