Sr RF/Electrical Engineer
- Framingham, MA
Sr RF/Electrical Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The RF/Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing the PERS/wearable medical devices across sensors, microprocessor, Wi-Fi, GPS and Cell module and other RF components. This engineer may also be evaluating third party medical devices and IOT devices, and integrating solutions into the PERS service system of Philips Lifeline.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in RF/wireless technologies and RF/analog/digital circuit design, and familiar with embedded systems. The candidate shall have experience working with teams to develop wireless, low-power consumer health and medical products. The engineer will also help develop test fixtures and support product manufacturing.
- Specify RF/Electrical Design Requirement to meet product requirements and commercial requirements for the to-be-developed medical devices.
- Select and evaluate RF module/component for the wireless communication features of new medical device. Design and test RF circuits and systems.
- Support regulatory tests and RF certification tests.
- Design, develop, and test circuitries to help create the next generation of PERS/wearable, devices.
- Design, develop, and test PCB's for test fixtures for testing PERS/wearable devices of Philips Lifeline.
- Work with cross functional team to launch new products, including testers.
- Specify test requirements and provide technical support on the manufacturing issues.
- Evaluate third party medical devices and IOT devices, and find solutions of integrating them into the PERS service system of Philips Lifeline.
- Provide technical support to complaint investigation.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 8+ years of RF design and circuitry development and experience with ultra-low power systems. Hands-on RF/analog design and circuit debugging.
- Experience with TI radio transceivers, Nordic nRF series, and GPS, WiFi and Cell modules.
- Familiar with RF communication protocols (Cell, WiFi, GPS, BTLE, etc.) and standards (FCC, CTIA, PTCRB, etc.).
- Good at writing documentation, from design/test specifications to investigation reports and white papers.
- Good system mentality, to pursue the best design for the overall success of the delivered product and ultimately to the business.
- Entrepreneurial attitude. Desire to work in fast paced, dynamic setting with proven record to generate results.
- Self-driven and strong leadership ability and proven track record of excelling in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong knowledge of WiFi/GPS/Cell/Bluetooth wireless protocols a plus.
- RF circuit layout experience a plus.
- Embedded design experience is another plus.
You will be part of the Philips Lifeline Engineering team based in the Framingham, MA office for Philips Lifeline.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top