Sr R&D Project Manager
Sr R&D Project Manager
We challenge you to support Philips Healthcare as Sr R&D Project Manager within our Ultrasound Business Group. In this role you will be responsible for driving strategic complex leading-edge R&D product development projects across multiple development sites. Your role will be to deliver to business and internal stakeholders expectations as wells as R&D department objectives. The Sr R&D Project Manager will oversee all engineering disciplines of the project and collaborate with cross functional leads for overall Business success.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for End-to-End managing of projects to develop medical products delivering new innovative clinical solutions. From initial concept start until delivery, introduction in the Market, stabilization and transfer.
- Responsible for gaining agreements on and achieving project objectives, balancing aggressive goals on schedule, investment, quality, product cost, scope and performance requirements.
- Business partner focused on maximization of the added value for the business.
- Manages multi-site projects in international setting with several disciplines, technical and non-technical. Responsible for synergy between the sub-projects.
- Leads and Coaches multiple sub-project project leaders
- Identifies and Manages project risks and roadblocks. Establishes strong operating mechanisms which include clear and timely communication and escalation within R&D and the business leadership team and stakeholders to resolve critical project risks with urgency.
- Ensures deliverables are met and in accordance with Quality Management System and Business policies
- Manages Communication and Escalations to Program and Business Stakeholders
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Keeps abreast of developments in project management tools and processes (both internal and external).
Are you a spirited person looking to support a world-class organization in a dynamic and competitive industry? Do you have the flair for achieving results through true collaboration with multifunctional teams of various backgrounds? Do you have a passion to develop leading-edge clinical solutions to provide the right clinical answers to more people around the world? If so, apply now to join our Philips Ultrasound Team!
The following are required for the position:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ year Project Management experience leading leaders
- 7+ year Project Management experience in product development or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-discipline and geographically distributed teams
- Experience in a regulated product development and manufacturing environment
- Self-driven leader that finds solutions for complex project challenges with multiple constraints
- Outstanding soft-skills, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Great potential and aspiration to develop and grow in the organization
- Strong work ethics with a passion for quality, Lean and business efficiency
The following are preferred for the position:
- Experience leading Hardware and Mechanical Projects is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Device Product Development, Business and Market
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Masters in Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Familiarity with Agile SW development a plus
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top