Sr. Quality Engineer - Operations
Job TitleSr. Quality Engineer – Operations
As the incumbent of this Quality & Regulatory (Q&R) role within Philips, your challenge will be to guide and support Business Groups, Markets and enabling functions to always do the right thing. This involves being a confident advisor on approval, regulatory compliance and quality management related topics, in order to achieve timely releases of innovative products that deliver high quality and outstanding reliability to the lives they will improve.
Drive Quality Engineering activities on the various product lines at Volcano, to include: participation on development teams, investigation of customer complaints, working with the manufacturing lines to initiate quality improvements, assist in performing internal audits, and perform follow-up activities on NCR’s and CAPA’s. Support activities will be carried-out in accordance with industry and regulatory standards and Company Procedures and Policies.
- Has intermediate to expert knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Quality Engineering field.
- Can establish guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Ability to maintain updated knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area
- Manage and Lead teams doing quality inspections
- Evaluate, update, and deploy new processes and process improvements
- 15% (example: supplier audits, visiting other Volcano locations, animal studies)
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- Requires a 4-year degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent training/experience
- Requires 5-10 years work experience; QA experience a plus
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts preferred
- Medical product manufacturing experience preferred
- Customer return handling experience in medical devices preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with accuracy
- Lead or supervise quality inspectors
- Demonstrated understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Clear and effective communication skills
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that’s not all. Quality is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal employment employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top