Sr. Product Marketing Manager Cardiac Ultrasound
Sr. Product Marketing Manager Cardiac Ultrasound
We welcome you to join Philips as a Sr. Product Marketing Manager supporting our Cardiac Ultrasound product line in our Andover, MA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Cardiac Ultrasound Senior Product Marketing Manager is a pivotal marketing role in the cardiac product manager team.
- Accountable for defining new products, championing them through the product development cycle, launching to the global markets and working with our global markets to gain market adoption with the ultimate goal to build profitable product solutions that transform healthcare in the Diagnostic & Interventional Cardiology segment.
- Work directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are defined and developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands.
- Owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life.
- Required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
You are responsible for
- Develop and maintain a needs-based customer segmentation for Echo-Cardiography solutions across global markets (supported by Market Intelligence)
- Define market research and customer insight gathering to identify market shifts, customer needs, both latent and overt.
- Develop business requirements for new products and enhancements to existing products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
- Help define product platforms that support rapid growth, product evolution, and modular designs to take share from entrenched competitors
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations to develop integrated offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market
- Set and manage value-based price corridors and guidance for products/solutions
- Coordinate pricing across product lines to ensure profitable growth
- Support the development of global channel strategy for each offering by market
- Develop business cases, in conjunction with Field Marketing, for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Work with Field Marketing to enable the market sales teams (e.g., conduct presentations ahead of new product launch)
- Conduct customer executive presentations, coordinated as part of sales campaigns with priority customers
- Manage external analyst relations (e.g., presentations) for their products and offerings
- Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
- Own development of global new product/solution training content
- Manage contractual strategic partnerships with third-party integrated solution providers; key strategic customers/KOLs; and as appropriate, complementary solution providers
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal stakeholders and customers)
- Support strategic projects for BIU as needed
You are a part of
The Senior Product Manager owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. The Senior Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Strong experience in different modes of market research, its design and utilization
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead a cross-functional organization to develop market leading products/solutions
- High-tech product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have)
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues
- Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years in marketing, product development or related field
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses (cardiology and ultrasound knowledge preferred)
- Expertise in customer segments and the national healthcare systems in which they work. Understands the dynamics of capital goods marketing and the dynamics of "installed base" market
- Knowledge of cardiac ultrasound and the existing customer solutions
- Familiarity with technologies that currently dominate the echocardiography market, and with the emerging technologies that will serve them in the future
- Superior business acumen and marketing mindset
- Boldness to create/shape markets whenever possible, exploiting Philips technologies, market positions and brand
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top