Sr. Product Manager, Ventilation
- Carlsbad, CA
Sr. Product Manager, Ventilation
We welcome you to join Philips Hospital Respiratory Care as a Senior Product Manager, Ventilation in our Carlsbad, CA location.
Transitions are a normal part of hospital daily life. That's what inspired the design of Philips hospital respiratory care solutions - so you can respond quickly to changing patient conditions, across the continuum, while delivering consistent quality care.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will formulate the upstream product strategy for the assigned portfolio, collect, analyze market information and define existing market target groups. You will also drive the market introduction of the new ventilation products.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to the Carlsbad location.
You are responsible for
- Lead and support voice of customer research specific to, but not limited to, assigned ventilation platform to identify key customer needs
- Identify and define product strategy and roadmaps and key future needs for all products assigned
- Guide and drive the development of ventilation platform expansion or new products from the initial phase to product launch, and through full life cycle management
- Define the key R&D projects to drive growth and market position in assigned products and/or markets
- Lead and support business case creation, portfolio management submission, and stage - gate presentations and leadership for all projects assigned
- Partner with clinical marketing and other cross functional team members in upstream identification of exploitable opportunities, solution definition, and solution development and go to market planning to ensure unmet areas of customer needs are met and differentiated solutions are developed
- Partner with Field Product Managers in downstream identification of go to market and launch strategy, planning, and execution to ensure proper customer awareness and alignment of solutions and needs
- Define and develop marketing assets, programs, and campaigns to create awareness of assigned ventilation platform capabilities to drive demand generation, opportunity acceleration, clinical demand, and brand value
- Partner with Clinical Marketing to identify and define plans to create or acquire necessary proof points of HRC ventilation value and/or differentiation (ex. case studies, pre / post studies, financial models, etc)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 8+ years total experience
- 5+ years Product Management / Medical Device experience
- Capital equipment experience in a hospital environment is a must!
- IT interoperability in a service environment
- Strong upstream and downstream experience and skills
- Knowledge of global ventilation market preferred
- Knowledge of respiratory clinical process preferred
- Strong strategic, analytical, and technical skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple work on multiple projects, with good organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as necessary (approximately 20-25%)
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - develop strong partnerships across Procurement, Head of Manufacturing, Q&R, Business Unit's, and Group Functions on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top