Sr Product Manager (Medical Consumables and Sensors)
Sr Product Manager (Medical Consumables and Sensors)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Senior Product Manager is the pivotal marketing role in the Business Innovation Unit (BIU) and drives creation of solutions (integrated combination of products and services) from idea to market. The Senior Product Manager is accountable for defining, launching and building profitable product solution platforms that transform healthcare. They work directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Senior Product Manager owns the product lifecycle portfolio strategy and execution from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. The Senior Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
You are responsible for
- Develop and maintain a needs-based customer segmentation for their respective solution across global markets (supported by Market Intelligence)
- Help define product platforms portfolio strategy that support growth, product evolution, modular designs customer satisfaction
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations (helping lead "heavyweight teams" where applicable) to develop integrated offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market
- Set price corridors and guidance for products/solutions
- Coordinate pricing across the product portfolio product lines to ensure profitable growth
- Develop channel strategy for each offering by market (e.g., direct in North America, indirect in emerging markets and online globally)
- Develop business cases for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Develop business requirements for new product and enhancements to existing products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
- Work with Field Marketing to enable the market sales teams (e.g., conduct presentations ahead of new product launch)
- Conduct customer executive presentations, coordinated as part of sales campaigns with priority customers
- Own product pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities
- Manage external analyst relations (e.g., presentations) for their products and offerings
- Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
You are a part of:
Business Innovation Unit Monitoring and Analytics - Medical Consumables and Sensors
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in marketing, product development or related field
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses
- Expertise in customer segments and the national healthcare systems in which they work. Understands the dynamics of capital goods marketing and the dynamics of "installed base" market
- Familiarity with the technologies that currently dominate the Senior Product Manager's markets, and with the emerging technologies that will serve them in the future
- Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
- Superior business acumen and GM mindset (position likely to be a rotational role for future GMs)
- Boldness to create/shape markets whenever possible, exploiting Philips technologies, market positions and brand
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead an organization to develop market leading products/solutions
- High-tech product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have)
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top