Sr. Product Manager
Job TitleSr. Product Manager
The Cardiac Ultrasound Senior Product Manager is a pivotal marketing role in the Interventional and Trans-esophageal Echocardiography Segment of the Ultrasound (BIU) and drives creation of solutions from idea to market. The Senior Product Manager is accountable for defining new products, championing them through the product development cycle, launching to the global markets and working with our global markets to gain market adoption with the ultimate goal to build profitable product solutions that transform healthcare in the Diagnostic & Interventional Cardiology segment. He/She will work directly with R&D and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Senior Product Manager owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. The Senior Product Manager is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
- Develop and maintain a needs-based customer segmentation for Cardiograph and Holter solutions across global markets (supported by Market Intelligence)
- Develop business requirements for new product and enhancements to existing products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
- Help define product platforms that support rapid growth, product evolution, and modular designs to take share from entrenched competitors
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations (helping lead “heavyweight teams” where applicable) to develop integrated offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market
- Set and manage value-based price corridors and guidance for products/solutions
- Coordinate pricing across product lines to ensure profitable growth
- Support the development of channel strategy for each offering by market (e.g., direct in North America, indirect in emerging markets and online globally)
- Develop business cases, in conjunction with Field Marketing, for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Work with Field Marketing to enable the market sales teams (e.g., conduct presentations ahead of new product launch)
- Conduct customer executive presentations, coordinated as part of sales campaigns with priority customers
- Manage external analyst relations (e.g., presentations) for their products and offerings
- Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
- Own development of global new product/solution training content
- Manage contractual strategic partnerships with third-party integrated solution providers; key strategic customers/KOLs; and as appropriate, complementary solution providers
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal stakeholders and customers)
- Support strategic projects for BIU as needed
- Fully allocated P&L
- Field marketing/marketing support, regulatory, supply chains, procurement or business support functions (these are shared at the BG level)
- Operating performance or resource deployment of markets (e.g., tactical pricing, account priorities)
- Customer negotiations
- BIU GM
- Senior Director of Product Management
- Clinical Marketing Specialist
- Market Leadership / Sales
- Services Marketing
- Field Marketing / Market Intelligence
- Operations / Service Operations
MINDSETS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Expertise in customer segments and the national healthcare systems in which they work. Understands the dynamics of capital goods marketing and the dynamics of “installed base” market
- Familiarity with the technologies that currently dominate the Senior Product Manager’s markets, and with the emerging technologies that will serve them in the future
- Superior business acumen and GM mindset (position likely to be a rotational role for future GMs)
- Boldness to create/shape markets whenever possible, exploiting Philips technologies, market positions and brand
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead a cross-functional organization to develop market leading products/solutions
- High-tech product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have)
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues
- Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
This person will be part of a well-established team, with good diversity, and co-located btw Bothell, WA and Andover, MA. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Product Management.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
We are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years in marketing, product development or related field
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses (Interventional cardiology or ultrasound knowledge)
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top