Sr, Procurement Engineer Program Manager
Job TitleSr, Procurement Engineer Program Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive strategic complex projects and/or programs ensuring they are executed according to business strategy and goals across multiple business units. Your role will be to deliver business and internal stakeholders expectations as wells as procurement engineering objectives. This role will oversee all functions of the project and collaborate with cross functional leads.
You are responsible for
- Leading the organization, planning and execution of multiple highly complex projects across multiple business units, focused on improving supply base performance, quality and cost savings efforts driving the analysis, staff and deliverables concurrently within the project funnel.
- Project management of activities at supplier and/or within business unit to improve product quality, reliability and delivery and drive supply base rationalization
Monitor and execute plans according to project key metrics/targets, budgets and deliverables as well as develop and coach personnel to ensure efficient operation of the project functions.
- Responsible for gaining agreements on and achieving project objectives, balancing schedule, cost, quality and requirements. Ensuring effective introduction of products, technologies, systems, solution or services.
- Lead the implementation of cost down strategies focused on product
- Establish strong operating mechanisms, which include clear and timely communication with the business leadership team and stakeholders.
- Report out on project status, manage critical path items, ensuring risks and roadblocks are identified, removed and/or mitigated to ensure deliverables are met and in accordance to Quality Management Systems.
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Help identify key priorities and decisions to enable the PE function capture key opportunities to reduce risk, improve supply base performance and increase savings
You are a part of
Within Procurement, we are continually aiming to enable total transformation on a global scale. We not only deliver savings, but we contribute to an entirely new way of working, which positively impacts our colleagues across all Philips' businesses and functions. Having brought that influence to bear across our value chain, we are acknowledged as the Best of the Best World Class Procurement Collaboration initiative, winning the Cross-functional Collaboration Award for 2016. (http://bit.ly/1TO9fC2 see the website from Procurement Leaders)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Systems, Electrical, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent degree in Scientific/Engineering discipline, Master's degree preferred.
- Min 10+ years of experience in an engineering role, with 5+ years of experience in the discipline of program or project management within industries such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, aerospace and/or automotive.
- Ability to define projects and their goals, estimating budgets, risks and resources; also ability to coach and train staff in these areas
- Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
- Proven excellence in technical leadership in a matrix environment, including demonstrated ability to influence indirect resources and effective team building skills
- Design control process management track record
- Working knowledge of tools and processes related to system configuration management from specifications development, traceability, version control, defect tracking and field feedback.
- Strong executive presence; ability to influence multiple levels of key stakeholders and management
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership, customer relationship management, and business development
- Excellent presentation, customer service skills and detail-oriented
- Proven experience in a matrix management of multiple operations
- Strong in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
In return, we offer you
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips' achievement of growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top