Sr. Procurement Engineer Mechanical
Job TitleSr. Procurement Engineer Mechanical
- A procurement expert actively participates in new product introduction projects, sustaining engineering, supplier performance challenges, savings projects, value engineering workshops and DfX programs
- Authoritative expert in the quality and cost drivers for major commodities and the associated cost impact on the business.
- Provides knowhow about supplier manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Supports or can lead problem resolution with suppliers or parts (Philips caused) in close collaboration with SQE, R&D and Operations.
- Improve the design decision making.
- Drive the deployment of early supplier involvement, ensuring supplier readiness: suppliers deliver to specification, schedule and cost for assigned product or module.
- Ensure effective communication, collaboration and project management with suppliers, for assigned product or modules
- Orders tools and samples related to new product development, oversees realization and ensures a smooth ramp.
- Teams up with Supplier Quality on APQP
- Execute and support phase in – phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction or improvement projects (quality, features, cost, etc).
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short term product cost reduction improvement.
- Maintain updates to the costs for assigned product/
- Scouts the market and support development of technology roadmaps
- Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up);
- Provides input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements
- The Procurement Engineer may act as Supplier Account Manager assigned by, and under the delegated responsibility of the relevant commodity team
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short and/or long term product cost reduction improvement
Placement in the Organization:
- Team member, typically reporting to the Category Procurement Engineering Business Partner
- BS or comparable diploma in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, MS preferred
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a high volume assembly-type industry in supply chain related functions (i.e. component manufacturers).
- Experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong engineering background with extensive experience in collaborating with R&D required
- Experienced in executing quality improvement and cost down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Experience with APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) preferred.
- Understanding the principles of Value Engineering (L1)
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top