Sr. NPD Project Manager
Sr. NPD Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manages the product development process through planning and coordinating cross-functional teams, focusing on delivering new products or upgrading existing products. Manages the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project scope within schedule and budget constraints.
You are responsible for
- Being accountable for team's performance to approved project contracts, business process, design controls, and change management
- Developing and managing project plans including: schedules, resourcing, budgeting, and communication to Product Development Leadership and Business Leadership
- Collaborating with cross-functional leaders to continually manage scope and resources of the overall project and elements within the project
- Providing regular project updates to management and stakeholders
- Appropriate escalation of issues to the manager or leadership
- Serving as "New Product Development" expert to project team, including Design Controls and Change Management
- Providing daily direction and guidance to team members in the execution of projects
- Continuous identification, monitoring and mitigation of project risk
- Building key relationships with customers and stakeholders relating to the project
- Leading selected external resources in the execution of tasks (i.e. managing critical external relationships for testing, development, attaining components / subassemblies, etc.)
- Technical ability to understand and effectively orchestrate the work being accomplished on the project
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent organization skills; thorough and detail oriented
- Communication in a style that is timely, proactive, concise, candid, accurate and clear
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team
- Commitment to proactive teambuilding & teammate mentoring
- Champion for continuous improvement as demonstrated by their personal example
You are a part of
As an influential leader, you will be part of a team who will be key in shaping new product development and driving project execution to deliver consistently high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum four year degree in Science or Engineering, PMP certification desired
- 7 or more years of project management experience of leading medium to large size projects (>$500K), from initiation to commercialization preferably within the medical device industry
- Experience in a regulated industry required (medical device development experience preferred along with a solid working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO 13485
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional peers
- Demonstrated successful product launches in more than one major geography.
- Demonstrated success in meeting overall project goals, timelines, costs, resource management, and core team leadership.
In return, we offer you
If you are interested in driving action to improve patients' lives so they get home healthier and faster and stay there longer, then this position is posed to help you achieve that goal. This position offers project leadership experience within our Lead Management product offerings.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top