Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job TitleSr. Mechanical Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the product definition and mechatronic solutions (including the mechanical and documentation aspects) in the development, realization and lifecycle management of medical devices and components.
- Working with cross-function team to support device and component development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups.
- Leading or develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams, or leading and controlling outsourcing of these activities.
- Leading or carrying out the detail design of key components, and supporting their realization.
- Participating and leading as key competence resource in cross-functional and cross-business teams.
- Being responsible for the manufacturability, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods in manufacturing sites.
- Working closely with the system engineers, architects, other functional representative and the project managers
- Working closely with the commercial department to truly understand the customer's technologic challenges in order to offer projects, tailored services & technical support.
- Design process compliance assurance, design quality assurance and design reviews
- Building an effective network with customers and suppliers, actively looking around to acquire new insights, to strengthen the knowledge base and competence of yourself in the domains of medical device and components.
- Managing the product design documentation (the BOM and the Design History File).
- Conducting the root-cause analysis of design, production problems and consumer complaints.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering minimum (Master's degree preferred).
- 10+ years industrial experience (5+ year experience in medical device industry and/or regulated industry preferred).
- Track record of product development life cycle from requirement, to design, to prototype, to verification and validation, to transfer to manufacturing, and to product release in medical device industry.
- Strong knowledge and working experience in one or more relevant fields of competency, such as mechanical structure, plastic, heating & cooling, fluid mechanics, materials engineering, or in mechatronics and bio-mechanics.
- Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
- Design control process compliance management track record
- Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills; excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to drive solutions and decisions in a cross-functional team environment
Experience in requirements management tool, design quality management tools, risk management tools, and problem reporting/defect tracking tools.
- Hands on experience on FMEA, Fault Tree analysis, Reliability block diagrams preparation and RCA techniques, mechanical design CADs.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct and lead technical reviews of product design elements
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top